Looking for a map (2)
Started by zoTaK
zoTaK Rep. 0
#1   30 Nov 2022
Hi guys.
I'm looking for a map or maps.
The ones i'm looking are really old, like 2000, 1999.
One of them is from QuakeCon 2000, is a recreation of the BYOC. I track the file but appears do be not working, dl fail when i try.
web.archive.org/we.../amd-qcon2k.zip

The other one is from 3DFX as a promo, it has promotional images all over the place, it suppose to be 3DFX HQ. Like a real place, it fells like Quatrix

You know where i can find those maps?

Tig Rep. 1622
#2   30 Nov 2022
@zoTaK - There is Area 15 - Nvidia Bunker by Casey which was an nvidia sponsored map. You also have the following maps which were made to test or promote the DDS file format.
You also have a map pack of 13 maps in EADM Maps by Various from the James Bond - The World is Not Enough team.

And there is the Dreamcast Maps by Various - which is the Dreamcast Maps.

But, I do not remember the QuakeCon 2000 or the 3DFX HQ maps. Hopefully someone else can help.

@Foo - Do you know of these two maps in your massive torrent?

leilei Rep. 413
#3   01 Dec 2022
The 3dfx HQ can be found on the bottom of Falconfly's Cool Stuff page.

falconfly.vogonswi.../coolstuff.html
Edited 6.03 minutes after the original posting.

Tig Rep. 1622
#4   01 Dec 2022
@leilei - Awesome. Adding HQ 3DFX to the map queue now.
zoTaK Rep. 0
#5   02 Dec 2022
@leilei awesome, that's the map i'm talking about, thanks!
I still looking for the Quakecon map, is from 1999, 2000, 2001. It was like a representation of the place and have virtual "replicas" of the AMD servers that were running the servers in that time.
Foo Rep. 367
#6   02 Dec 2022
@Tig The torrent doesn't contain either based on the file names. However on top of the 3DFX HQ map linked above, there is also a CTF version which can be found here: www.3dfx-voodoo.de...s/hq3dfxctf.zip and a TDM version which can be found here: www.3dfx-voodoo.de...3dfx_player.zip
Geniraul Rep. 1391
#7   28 Jul 2023
Glad this map pack finally made its way to ..::LvL! Props to Foo for writing such a detailed review!
leilei Rep. 413
#8   28 Jul 2023
Mr. Elusive is dutch and did not make this map. He was very much busy with Doom 3 at the time.
Edited 4.28 minutes after the original posting.
Geniraul Rep. 1391
#9   28 Jul 2023
Was the one who made this map another person called Mr. Elusive who named himself after the Mr. Elusive we know?
Foo Rep. 367
#10   16 Aug 2023
@Geniraul
Yes, or just happened to pick the same name (I also briefly went by 'Mr E' way back around 94/5, so that makes at least three of us). If you peek at the levelshot in hq3dfxctf.pk3 you can verify this.
Foo Rep. 367
#11   21 Aug 2023
@zoTaK I found a screenshot of the AMD-QCon2k 50-player level being played, but it's pretty low res and nondescript, just looks like a standard gothic texture courtyard in the shot. Other than that, I've had no luck.

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

dk_ttgd
Clear