I used to play alliance back then (offline). Hook was a great thing to use, although never with the flow and relevance it had on Quake 2 CTF. Unfortunately, cannot make the mod run anymore but I tried the maps in OSP anyway. Some maps are fun but most of the maps are not up to the standard of those other CTF mappacks like Threewave. Still, I want to highlight a few of them:
- ACTF04: a cartoonish, quite good looking piece of map with some great curves. It fails on the gameplay imo, partly because the base is too closed for attacking (a feature of many maps of the pack).
- ACTF09: a well designed base inside some mountains, with some good connectivity and gameplay.
- ACTF14: nothing very elegant but remember playing this map a lot. Just the emotional connection. Grapple is not very useful here but fun remains.
- ACTF17: well, this is same as OSPCTF1 (lvlworld.com/review/id:654
). Nothing special.
- ACTF21: a winter-themed map. There are a few of these but never seen one with snow falling! It really creates a nice atmosphere.
- ACTF24: another map with cool atmosphere. You are kind of underwater. Very cool theme.
- ACTF27: perhaps the best of all. Two opposite bases, sort of big palaces, not quite egyptian themed but almost. Grapple might be cool here. Available also here: lvlworld.com/review/id:998Edited 32.65 minutes after the original posting.