This may be my last release for this map, the time it's taken to develop this one single level has gone ridiculously way too far. I haven't found any glitches with this release, so if you've found any please report them.
Link: www.4shared.com/zi.../The_Gloom.html
Screenshot: i270.photobucket.c...se/TheGloom.png

Also if you're curious to why the theme has changed; I fucked up and lost the original map file after doing a clean up. It wasn't until after I realized I deleted this level as well, I couldn't be bothered at the time to redo the whole Gothic theme so I done it half-assed keeping the basic design of the level. Unfortunately I couldn't get the original level back until I remembered about the "Previous Versions" tab, now that I've got it back I'm hoping to get it officially released quickly glitch free, polished and playable.
Edited 9.98 minutes after the original posting.

KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2362
#62   23 Sep 2012
How about releasing the map to ..::LvL?
Because the level has uncompleted tasks such as bug fixing and texture alignment which I do not really want to do at this point. And I don't find any point in releasing it as it is not a good map.
#64   28 Sep 2012
@Euronymous: Heck, it's sure better than any map I tried to make. I could use some tutoring on how to work the GTKRadiant mapping tools to get as far as you so maybe I could show people my imaginative skill at work.
Well I can't use GtkRadiant because when I try scrolling through the grid it moves unpredictably. And the camera view will uncontrollably spin around when I'm trying to use it.
#66   15 Oct 2012
...then....what map editor are you using?
GtkRadiant 1.6
PaN61 Rep. 385
#68   16 Oct 2012
You can always go back to GTKRadiant 1.5.0 or NetRadiant: ingar.satgnu.net/gtkradiant/
I'm getting this problem with any version I try.
fKd Rep. 390
#70   16 Oct 2012
There are a few things that can solve this (as given in brief on the GtkRadiant website):

Navigate to the exe file for GtkRadiant (not a shortcut - the actual exe) and open up the properties. Click on the 'Compatability Tab' and check the box that says 'Disable desktop composition'. Click OK and run the program. Windows will probably pop up a message to say that the display mode had to be changed for compatability reasons.

If that doesn't work, try this (as well as the above):

Navigate to the ”[install-folder]/etc/gtk-2.0/” directory and open “gtkrc” in Notepad or similar. Change “Clearlooks” to “Raleigh”. Save and close the file. When you open GtkRadiant now, it should display Windows 98 style.
NB: You can change this back to “Clearlooks” at any time, but this will reverse the solution if you needed to change this setting.

Thanks, it worked.
fKd Rep. 390
#72   16 Oct 2012
nice, glad i could help. looking forward to seeing what you create. gl man
The Gloom 0.7

Download: www.2shared.com/fi.../The_Gloom.html
Screenshot: i270.photobucket.c.../TheGloom-1.png

NOW WITH BOTS :) :) :)!!!!!!!!!!

Group 4 of 4

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

q3_hfmpak
Clear