I don't have any leaks where the red line is pointing to, it just goes through a brush. And I don't get any errors while compiling this map.
Tig Rep. 1682
#42   24 Jun 2011
Then the brush is not a brush but something else. Maybe you converted the brush to a detail brush, given the brush a shader that makes it non-solid or some other shader affect that can not be used on an outside wall, maybe the brush is damaged in some way (has a duplicate plane or other error), maybe the brush is a patch (curve) instead?

Either way, if the Pointfile is in fact running through a wall, then the problem has been found. You just need to fix it :]

It turns out there was an extra leak, fixed now. Should I keep the sky?

img193.imageshack..../shot0003ir.png

KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2372
#44   25 Jun 2011
@Satan Fang:Unless it causes technical issues, then yes. You should keep it. Its the highlight in my opinion.
I haven't experienced any technical issues.
Apart from everything else, no one has told me about the fog. Is it fine where in its current state?
What do you think of the changes? Yay or ney? I redone the map (again)...
www.youtube.com/watch
Excuse the fog error, it's an odd compiling problem that I have no control over. I'll release the new version once I've fixed it.
Edited 50 seconds after the original posting.
I've changed the lighting, should I leave it as it is?
img651.imageshack....9/shot0000i.png
Tig Rep. 1682
#49   15 Oct 2011
I'm not too keen on the techno-colours at all. You need to dull down the blue and the orange-red lights a lot. The green lights look dramatic, but should be neutral (or very close to neutral).

The green pit looks wrong BTW. Is it a death pit or is there another arena section down there? If it is a death pit, get rid of it or make the pathways a lot wider.

Also, I would like to see some big arches going from one side to the other in the latest screen shot. The architecture looks rather dull and without purpose at the moment in my opinion.

Techno colors? It's meant to be the green fog giving off light and dark purple gargoyles. And I'll remove the lower section fine. And there is no blue in the level whatsoever.
Tig Rep. 1682
#51   15 Oct 2011
Sorry, I got the purple mixed up, I did mean the blue lights at the top.
Have any of you even read what I said? There is no green death pit.
themuffinator Rep. 1044
#53   17 Oct 2011
Holy crap! I agree with Tig - that's a lot of saturation. You should relax the colors, right now it's like an abomination of a 60's disco hall and a pack of M&M's gone ape shit. Sublety always works better in the end since you don't want every light shouting at you for attention. I generally keep saturation to 128 or lower for the general scenery and 160 or so for visual hooks (where applicable). Also, I can't see where that green light is coming from - light sourcing is important! If it's meant to be from the fog you should rather let the fog shader cast its own surface light, that way its color and shadowing will look right.

As for architecture it's not bad. The pillar arch detailing is a nice touch, but as for gameplay it's looking like more of an experiment in mapping than something with gameplay that can keep people interested for long, but that's going mostly according to your old map release.

It... is casting it's own light.
themuffinator Rep. 1044
#55   17 Oct 2011
Well then its pretty strange that there's almost no green light affecting the trims on the walkways right above the fog then, yet there's a ton of green light in the other corner.
What if it's the way the engine works?
Can I rename my map to The Gloom? There's already a map named GLooM, will it make a difference if I have the at the start?
Tig Rep. 1682
#58   06 Nov 2011
You can name your level what every you want. It will make name no difference if there is already a map with the same map title.

The only issue is the file name of the bsp and pk3 - they have to be unique. You can not have two maps with the same file names.

www.megaupload.com/ -- Gloom Station 0.5 Beta
I've changed the whole theme of the map!
Edited 18 seconds after the original posting.
Edited 37 seconds after the original posting.

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

ctf1_fpp_pl
Clear