This is an old map I dropped a few months ago (sometime last year), it is my third map (at the time) and I gave up on it. Now I found it a couple of weeks ago and decided to start working on it again.

img821.imageshack....combsofhell.png

www.megaupload.com/
Edited 108.96 days after the original posting.
Edited 147.94 days after the original posting.
Edited 221.39 days after the original posting.

KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2362
#2   18 Jun 2011
It looks okay. But I was unable to test it due to the lack of bot support.
Sorry for that, I'm having errors atm.
#4   18 Jun 2011
I don't mean to be pushy, but do you suppose you could also respond to my Threads too? I'd appreciate it.
Edited 14.91 days after the original posting.
Your first post never had a question, are you asking about bot support? I replied, I'm having errors with it atm.
www.youtube.com/watch

Preview of the upcoming version.

#7   19 Jun 2011
I like that sky with lightning! But if its an arena, it really should have bot support so I can really test it.

However an alternative route to playing a map without bots but fighting is that I play it in the Hunt mod. The monsters in that mod spawn without the need for bots.

Bot support will be in the next version. I don't really care for but support, Quake III Arena is a multiplayer game, not a singleplayer.
Edited 37 seconds after the original posting.
#9   19 Jun 2011
I am just saying that I can't really 'play' it if I have nobody to spar with. I mean, if there's nothing to shoot, then whats the point?
#10   19 Jun 2011
Anyway, The map looks like it will be quite good and with bot support will make it even better. The only issue I had was the fog in that pit. But I wouldn't worry about that too much. Keep up the good work!
What's wrong with the fog?
#12   19 Jun 2011
Well...its just that sometimes I thought it to be a bit annoying...but I guess I am supposed to be blinded when I go down there...?

Its really nothing to worry about too much. But if its not supposed to make things harder to see and only to add to the ambiance, then you might want to increase the range of sight you have while in it.

I really intended it to be an advantage for your opponent while you're in that area. And I have no idea how to increase the range of sight.
#14   19 Jun 2011
Neither do I. Just be glad you know how to get started with your mapping. I am trying to use GtK Radiant to make a map, but I am stuck at the part on how to add the Quake 3 textures. It really has me mind-boggled.
Textures >> gothic_floor >> list of textures?
#16   19 Jun 2011
Where do I find "textures"? For me the problem lies with the fact it doesn't show up at the menu at the top. I cannot proceed. :'(
Edited 3.09 hours after the original posting.
#17   19 Jun 2011
@SatanFang: What was the name of the editor you were you using? Because in the one I have (GtK Radiant 1.5) 'Textures' doesn't show up in the top menu. A reply to this would be appreciated.
PaN61 Rep. 385
#18   19 Jun 2011
SW12: If you have a unzipping/zipping file program you can extract the pak0.pk3 into a folder in the baseq3 folder. If the textures don't show up, you can alternatively make your own textures and use them in your map. The custom textures directory should be (directing from the Q3A folder): /baseq3/Textures/MapName/"textures.jpg/tga". If the textures don't show up this could be mainly caused by you not making a .shader file for your textures and hence why it isn't showing up in the texture window in GTK Radiant 1.5.0.

You can check my Quake3World GTK Radiant 1.5.0 Problems thread for more information about the problems I had which is the exact same one as you are having right now: www.quake3world.co...m/viewtopic.php. If you don't know how to make a .shader file you can always contact me by email (PaN61_Q3A@hotmail.com) and I can send you my P61CTF1 Texture Pack which includes the .shader file but you must read the P61CTF1 Texture Set.txt before you start fiddling around with the .shader and textures.

Satang Fang #7:

Bot support will be in the next version. I don't really care for but support, Quake III Arena is a multiplayer game, not a singleplayer.

Quake 3 Arena is a Multilayer Game but does contain a Single Player Campaign. People who don't have an internet connection, don't have friends that they can play with and the most problematic is that the online servers barely have these maps on unless you pay for a server to have these maps on rotation.

This is why Bot-Support is important in maps, you can play with them with as much fun as you can with real players and you can set the level on your own playing level you want with them if there are new players starting this game experience with Quake 3 Arena. Even though I'm an experience player (Hence completing all Single Player arenas on Nightmare), I still enjoy playing against bots for the reasons I gave in the paragraph above.

PaN61
Edited 15.02 minutes after the original posting.

The trouble I'm having with the BSPC is that it won't compile an AAS, it pops up for one second and disappears.

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

q3towerod
Clear