Where's the Carmack Fortress? (krep1)
Started by CZghost
CZghost Rep. 1681
#1   21 May 2012
I know there was a krep1 which I've reviewed, but now I'm unable to find it. It's deleted? You said reviewed maps doesn't to be deleted, but krep1.zip have been reviewed and now it's deleted... Software issue or human issue?
Tig Rep. 1662
#2   21 May 2012
Short answer; human issue.

Long answer; deQer requested that I 'monitor' votes and (somehow) prevent votes that appear to be placed 'in spite'. He (assuming male) stated that I should be 'questioning' votes from users. This was something I refused to do.

deQer did not really offer any real solution (in my opinion) to the issue he had with the voting system on the site. So, I offered the option to remove his level (krep1). deQer requested I remove all of his maps.

It really upset me to remove his maps, but I did it anyway. I liked them and thought they were a good start down a mapping path, but I guess for some people a few knocks are enough to knock them over, and out.

A shame really.

cityy Rep. 373
#3   21 May 2012
Don't take it personal Tig; he has been a dick over at Q3W as well.

Edit: One of his maps is still in the queue btw.
Edited 1.38 minutes after the original posting.

CZghost Rep. 1681
#4   22 May 2012
That's pity, don't know he still have functionable download sites (or he had some anyway)...

The krep1 as his first EntityPlus level was realy great, but with actual version of EP very issued...

FragTastic Rep. 2343
#5   23 May 2012
@cityy: Man you just took the words right out my mouth. deQer doesn't like other mappers bad opinions so he sulks about it for days and moans about the votes he gets.
FragTastic Rep. 2343
#6   25 May 2012
@FistMarine: I'm going to have to agree with you on this one. He just doesn't like mappers giving him bad feedback of the map he has made. I played the map like 5 times and still have the same feeling about it. It just wasn't the type of map for me at all.
KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2362
#7   26 May 2012
At least I still have his map. So its not like he can erase that. The only reason I can think of why he would do something like that to such a wonderful work of art he made....probably age.
CZghost Rep. 1681
#8   26 May 2012
I still have his level krep1, too... I don't play it anyway, because I'm preparing to the upcoming mapping competition...
leilei Rep. 413
#9   29 May 2012
He needs to grow some thick skin and deal with it. If he doesn't want criticism, then he shouldn't release. There's no way you can avoid it on the internet. Ever.

I know; I've had my share of "feedback", but taking your ball and go home isn't a positive response against that.

I still blame dark forum color schemes to influence a negative atmosphere. It affected certain Quake communities for so long.

CZghost Rep. 1681
#10   29 May 2012
I normally don't tolerance the critic, but it's the important part of life, so I just need to tolerance it... I don't like critic like 'it's a big rubbish' (in a vicious mind), but critic like 'The ammo boxes are too concentrated, but in others mind it's good' doesn't matter to me...
FragTastic Rep. 2343
#11   30 May 2012
@leilei: I agree with you. If you cant take other mappers feedback, then there's no point of releasing a map. A map is for others to enjoy and if they did or did not then the mappers should have a right to say their own opinions.
themuffinator Rep. 1044
#12   30 May 2012
it's a big rubbish
CZghost Rep. 1681
#13   31 May 2012
@themuffinator That tell to deQer, not me... He has made the level ;)
GuitarMan Rep. 468
#14   04 Jun 2012
The guy took it all the wrong way since day 1 here, he didn't even like simple opinions on his work; and please note I'm saying "opinions" and not "criticism", as it is understandable that some people don't like criticism. His issue with votes was just ridiculous. And now I see that he "has been a dick over at Q3W as well"... better leave guys like him alone, they do not get along with anyone.
leilei Rep. 413
#15   07 Jun 2012
"that's because it is a 10/10 map, dumb ass. if you feel otherwise, then explain why."

Welp... I think that says it all, really. My tiny hopes for any recuperation have been shattered.

#16   21 Jun 2012
www.kryps.com/tmp/...orld-voting.png

deQer was the one who took this picture. He (assuming male) has a tendency to whine like a brat whenever he gets criticism of any kind. When I gave him constructive criticism, the kind that would have improved the map, he cursed me out and told me how inferior I am.
Edited 24.1 days after the original posting.

"that's because it is a 10/10 map, dumb ass. if you feel otherwise, then explain why."

What a cocky cock, he's so far up his own ass not even a vacuum could suck him out. That's one of the most arrogant things I've ever read on the internet.
Edited 29 seconds after the original posting.

#18   15 Jul 2012
@Euronymous: Make that a vacuum on maximum overdrive.

I still remember a stupid remark deQer made on lvlworld.com/ I am still trying to vent on that one as I remember getting into several altercations with themuffinator about that.

The difference is that deQer claimed that only gameplay matters and absolutely nothing else. Pan61 as well as Frag took the words out of my mouth as I was planning to tell him off myself.

FragTastic Rep. 2343
#19   15 Jul 2012
@SW12: Why are you putting this all against me?! Well I rated it a 6.5/10 but since he started crying about the votes he got I said to him I'm changing the vote since he didn't except mine so don't blame me for doing this.
#20   15 Jul 2012
@FragTastic: Slow down, I first heard someone say you voted 0/10. Of course, you must understand hearing only half the story out of context can warp everything into something it isn't. You probably ignored my comment after what Eurynomous told me. In my latest comment, I was talking about deQer, not you.
Group 1 of 2

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

painfromspain
Clear