..::LvL code update (6th Oct, 2024)
Started by Tig
Tig Rep. 2322
#1   17 days ago
A lot of code has been updated. Most of it is in the background, but there are also many small formatting changes and feature tweaks. Most of these changes are really cleaning up.

A short list of what I can remember :)

• Less line height
  • Can reply to a post or comment
  • Some font size changes to make the key items clearer
  • Surfacing level tags
  • Markdown syntax cleaned up and more visible
  • Too many other very minor tweaks
One of the biggest changes is the option to include images in a post. I'm treating this as a beta feature for now.

While some of these features and suggestions have been made over the years, it was thanks to @Hipshot that these changes have happened this time.

Member submitted image

bkos Rep. 0
#2   17 days ago
Thank you for keeping the site up-to-date Tig!
24 years of contunued support is a no-nonsense LTS effort :).
Noire-dev Rep. 56
#3   17 days ago
It's nice
Geniraul Rep. 1644
#4   17 days ago
I love some of the new features, for example, replying to a comment / forum post, new formatting features such as code inserting and new analogues of BBcode options; image embedding seems like an outstanding update point! The Markdown section makes it easier to understand ..::LvL's formatting system and frees you from having to keep everything in your head.

It is also comfortable to have the map tags next to it, and I especially appreciate the fact that more than 64 releases with the same tag can be shown at one time now (for example the 'Remake - Quake 3' tag has a lot of levels that match)!

My sincere gratitude goes to Tig and Hipshot! It's great to see ..::LvL still alive after all these years!

EDIT: The fact that there are now more forum threads shown per page is great, too.
Edited 6.37 minutes after the original posting.

Hipshot Rep. 336
#5   16 days ago
This tuned out really well Tig. I did try the code block too, but I think there's a bug or something, if you check the code block in the end of this post:
lvlworld.com/thread/530/0

There's a few new lines in that one, the compile code at the bottom, but the formating is broken on that part, or did I do something wrong there?

Tig Rep. 2322
#6   16 days ago
@Hipshot :
This tuned out really well Tig. I did try the code block too, but I think there's a bug or something, if you check the code block in the end of this post: lvlworld.com/thread/530/0...

Thanks. The code block does not seem to like blank lines. Will try to fix this as it would be a fairly common request with a large code block.
Baker Rep. 0
#7   71 hrs ago
Wanted to try this out ...
Member submitted image
Haha, it worked!
Great new feature for lvlworld, nice upgrade.

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

q3zdm1_v2
Clear