Q3 Full Version - Where to get it?!
Locked, Started by FragTastic
FragTastic Rep. 2353
#1   12 Jul 2012
Hey Guys! I deleted my Q3 Full version by accident. Can anyone give me a link to download the full version with baseq3 folder?!
KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2372
#2   12 Jul 2012
Just reinstall it with the disk. I have Quake 3 version 1.30, so that is probably why I have had issues running certain maps.

Also you could give OpenArena a whirl if you haven't already. Most mods that work with Q3 work there. Such as Hunt ;)

Download it free? That's illegal.
leilei Rep. 413
#5   13 Jul 2012
Maybe you don't get it

COMMERCIAL SOFTWARE IS NOT SOMETHING YOU CAN OBTAIN FOR FREE

Lost Q3A disc? Find it. Can't find it? Too bad. Desperately want Q3? Buy it on Steam with Muffinator's link so you don't "lose" your disc again.

There's also the only legal freely downloadable Free Software alternative mentioned earlier. That's a bit lacking in map textures and polish, but hey - you get what you pay for.

again, NO ONE HERE IS EVER GOING TO SEND YOU FULL VERSION RETAIL PAK3 FILES

I never thought a "clan leader" and a "map creator" would ever have to stoop as low as to do this.
Edited 1.57 hours after the original posting.

Tig Rep. 1682
#6   13 Jul 2012
@All, any links to a download or where or how to obtain software illegally and this thread will disappear. Some post have already been removed.
KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2372
#7   13 Jul 2012
@Tig: Perhaps removing this thread is a good idea. I don't think we would want any trouble.
Edited 6.61 hours after the original posting.
FragTastic Rep. 2353
#8   14 Jul 2012
I'll find my disk but there's no need to be all ''Angry'' about it.

@SW12: FYI I'm 17 and if you never had anything to do with it then why was you the first person to comment on the thread?!

Can't you just restore it?
FragTastic Rep. 2353
#10   14 Jul 2012
@Eurnoymous: I'll try but if I can't I'll have to buy it again.
GuitarMan Rep. 468
#11   15 Jul 2012
You should be able to find an original and legal Q3 disc on retail stores for like 10 bucks or something like that. Of course it's cheaper on Steam or Amazon, but you'll need a credit card or any other online payment method to get it.
FragTastic Rep. 2353
#12   20 Jul 2012
@All: I have found my Q3 Disk and installed it once again.
CZghost Rep. 1681
#13   20 Jul 2012
@FragTastic: Had you also Team Arena installed? If so, you might buy also this datadisc (it's a commercial mod of the original Q3)... If you have installed version 1.32 of Q3, your installation of Team Arena won't work, you must copy the missionpack folder from install folder to your Quake3 destination and run PR 1.32 again. That will install the other paks of TA containing 1.32 qvm's...

If not and you have much money to buy, give a try and follow my install instruction if you have Q3 PR v1.32 installed...

FragTastic Rep. 2353
#14   20 Jul 2012
@CZGhost: Sadly I don't but I will shortly. Thanks for mentioning the Versions it will work on.
leilei Rep. 413
#15   31 Jul 2012
The original 1.27 version of Team Arena does still actually work with 1.32, iirc. It's just the protocol before 1.27 that doesn't work..
Edited 29 seconds after the original posting.
That's weird, I never had a problem running or installing Team Arena.
CZghost Rep. 1681
#17   01 Aug 2012
I just mentioned about the installation that works only if you have version 1.27g or lower. higher version doesn't allow the installation though wizard, you must copy the missionpack folder to the q3 installation and run your PR again to get the pak files also for Team Arena...
I know, and I said that I never had a problem installing it with 1.30 ;).
leilei Rep. 413
#19   20 Aug 2012
Doom (Non-Ultimate) was exclusively mail-order. Only its shareware episode could be found retail.

You couldn't find the Doom Collectors Edition which had Ultimate Doom, Doom II and Final Doom?

FragTastic Rep. 2353
#20   25 Aug 2012
@FistMarine: I doubt that local shops are still selling a game from back in 1999 - 2000 but I thoroughly suggest you use Ebay. It's safe, trusted and quick. I bought my Nintendo Wii Games, PC Accessories etc from that website. It's not a scam or anything.
Group 1 of 2

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

vkctf01
Clear