How to create custom bots
GuitarMan Rep. 468
#21   30 Oct 2012
I thought I've addressed all of this stuff long ago, I'm almost sure it was you (SW12) who asked.

This is the guide I've used years ago to create custom bots, it's so easy, there's no way for your bot not to work:
planetquake.gamespy.com/View.php

KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2362
#22   31 Oct 2012
@GuitarMan: Sometimes I don't understand what he is describing. I said it before, and I'll say it again, I need a visual aid to know what to do properly.
GuitarMan Rep. 468
#23   18 Nov 2012
I'm sorry I didn't read your reply back then and I'm sorry I assumed you were going to get it better than I did. Well then, there's the problem, you WANT a visual aid, and that guide is so easy YOU DON'T NEED it, you are doing it more complicated to yourself. I'm not smart or brainy and I understand it, my level of education is barely high school and I understand it, and I even made a simple bot myself writing the files on Notepad and that was 12 years ago when my head was full of booze and other bad stuff.

Sorry for thinking good of you, and I apologize for trying to help. I won't do that again.

#24   19 Nov 2012
@GuitarMan: What I asked for was not all that hard. I merely asked for a visual to help me see what I am doing wrong with the files that caused them to be corrupted, which remained an unanswered problem on PlanetQuake. Also, I don't see any reason to get all pissy over it.
#25   21 Mar 2013
Well, you can get a DropBox - www.dropbox.com/ -or Google Drive - drive.google.com/ - account and place the zip files into a "public" folder, then post the link here.
There are many other file lockers / file share sites. These are just the two that I both like and use.

@Tig: Could you see what is wrong with the bot I made? docs.google.com/fi...GgzeUdiTWs/edit
Tig Rep. 1662
#26   21 Mar 2013
@Rebmarine (SW12): You included a link to the "edit" page for the file - which I do not have access to. You need to include the "share" link.

If you go to the link (because you own the file you can), then select "File" -> "Share..." you will get the "share" link. Paste that link instead.

#27   21 Mar 2013
Will it work now? --> docs.google.com/fi...GgzeUdiTWs/edit

If that doesn't work, is there a way to simply email the file?

Tig Rep. 1662
#28   22 Mar 2013
Still not working as you have not included the correct link or the file you are sharing is not in a "public" folder.

There are instructions here: support.google.com...e/bin/answer.py

I think it is worth trying to help you to share a file, so lets keep working out this issue.

There is an old saying;

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime

And I agree with this.

Colton Rep. 359
#29   17 Dec 2015
I got the bot working KommissarReb, you can grab it here: mega.nz/ & sorry for necrobumping.

Edited 23 seconds after the original posting.

#30   17 Dec 2015
@Colton: Thanks! I appreciate it. But do email the decryption code to me so I can download it. (danielknn086@gmail.com)

Edited 144 days after the original posting.

Colton Rep. 359
#31   06 Jan 2016
Sure, Here's a link including said code: mega.nz/
Colton Rep. 359
#32   09 May 2016
I have updated the bot KommissarReb. It now includes ctf skins for xian as well as proper sounds for him (mainly to give his taunt some more sense).
Link: mega.nz/
#33   10 May 2016
@Colton: Thanks again, I'll be sure to check it out maybe this weekend. I'm going to be quite busy this week with finals and work fttb.
Group 2 of 2

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

cricketq3dm2
Clear