Quake 3 Arena Revolution assets?
Started by SolivaN
SolivaN Rep. 0
#1   21 Sep 2024
Hi there!
Someone knows if there's some similar to dreamcast maps packs? I mean, the possibility to play the PS2 maps on PC, like:
-Hero's Odyssey
-Arenas of Pain
-Final Resting Place
-The Keeper

Also, some models that are pretty good, like:
-Crash (because this asset is different compared with the final Q3-PC version)
-Mistress
-Reaper (I think this model already have been ported to PC)
Edited 19.2 minutes after the original posting.

Tig Rep. 2322
#2   21 Sep 2024
@SolivaN - You can download Dreamcast Maps (..::LvL Edition) and load them up in Q3A. I'm a little unsure if that is your question.

As to player models, moddb.com has a heap: www.moddb.com/game...ii-arena/addons

SolivaN Rep. 0
#3   21 Sep 2024
hi Tig, many thanks for the quick reply, but no.
I'm searching about the PS2 maps (Quake 3 Revolution).
Also I want some player models from the same game.
Tig Rep. 2322
#4   21 Sep 2024
Ah..Okay. Almost all the maps from the PS2 port are from the base game or the versions from the Dreamcast port.

The player models: "The Mistress" and "The Reaper" are (were) licensed from Dungeon Keeper. It is unlikely (but possible) you will find a copy of these due to copyright.

You could also check out the EADM Maps (map pack).

leilei Rep. 443
#5   22 Sep 2024
The artist behind those models actually released them as addons back in 2000-2002 (while he was still at EA). Look for q3mdl-dk2reaper.zip and q3mdl-mistress.zip.

There's also this map.
lvlworld.com/media/id:79
IIRC Inflict also did the other new maps in the PS2 ver. Whether they still have the original unconverted paks and are willing to share (this is an EA game in license limbo...) is another matter entirely

(there does exist crap conversions without lightgrid data or texture adjustments, be warned)
Edited 28.47 minutes after the original posting.

SolivaN Rep. 0
#6   22 Sep 2024
Ah..Okay. Almost all the maps from the PS2 port are from the base game or the versions from the Dreamcast port.
The player models: "The Mistress" and "The Reaper" are (were) licensed from Dungeon Keeper. It is unlikely (but possible) you will find a copy of these due to copyright.
You could also check out the EADM Maps (map pack).

many thanks Tig, but no, I already double chequed all the DC maps and maps that I mentioned before are not present.

The artist behind those models actually released them as addons back in 2000-2002 (while he was still at EA). Look for q3mdl-dk2reaper.zip and q3mdl-mistress.zip.

Many thanks for the tip leilei, now I found the Mistress bot, but this come without sounds.
So trough QUAKE 3 REVOLUTION TOOLS i've extracted the original sounds:
www.romhacking.net/games/3238/
And then convertered the .mp2 format to .wav pcm format:
drive.google.com/f...j0zZ6-DKJX/view
I've some troubles converting this, because the batch process goes wrong, making q3v show me the WARNING "Only microsoft pcm format allowed"
So, I have to convert one a one each file, that's bad.
So, here's the model with sounds:
drive.google.com/f...AfY-oHC-9z/view
www.youtube.com/watch

There's also this map.
lvlworld.com/media/id:79
IIRC Inflict also did the other new maps in the PS2 ver. Whether they still have the original unconverted paks and are willing to share (this is an EA game in license limbo...) is another matter entirely
(there does exist crap conversions without lightgrid data or texture adjustments, be warned)

Hm! ok, thanks for the advice. this guy, Inflict, only have 2 maps uploeaded here, I think is the only that we can get. Sadly, not from Q3AR. Anyway, many many thanks for all the help!
Edited 22.85 hours after the original posting.

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

q3hlvs01
Clear