..::LvL Terminal and Ascii Q3A
Started by Tig
Tig Rep. 1662
#1   26 Dec 2023
A little something that is almost completely pointless I have been working on is ..::LvL Terminal - terminal.lvlworld.com/ - a cut back, text only version of ..::LvL that is designed to be used without a mouse (but you can use your mouse if you want).

As a secondary side project of ..::LvL Terminal, I've also been working on a top down, ascii, turn based version of Q3A - terminal.lvlworld.com/ascii-q3a

Both projects are just for fun and think of them as beta releases for now. More maps are coming for Ascii Q3A.

As always, feedback and bug reports are more than welcome!

Update:
The current map has expanded and now includes:

• q3dm0 Introduction
  • q3dm1 Arena Gate
  • q3dm2 House of Pain
  • q3dm3 Arena of Death
  • aeroq3 Aerowalk
  • ztn3dm1 Blood Run
Geniraul Rep. 1433
#2   27 Dec 2023
I appreciate the 'Excellent' logo and map layouts in ASCII, this must have been a lot of work!
GuitarMan Rep. 468
#3   23 Jan 2024
The ASCII Q3A is very funny, I love it!
Mapsking Rep. 382
#4   11 Feb 2024
@Tig This is a neat idea, just for fun, and not to nitpick here, but when you search for a map, find one, and then hit the [G] Graphics option, it brings you to the actual map page with the actual graphics. All I'm saying is that in something designed to be a "text only version of ..::LVL", it seems out of place. Why have the Graphics option in there at all? Just a thought.
Tig Rep. 1662
#5   11 Feb 2024
@Mapsking : Yep, I totally understand. When I was testing, every now and then I really wanted to see the graphics for the map and this was the only solution I could come up with. I was really conflicted with this outcome and maybe I should spend some more time on it. Maybe a high contrast ASCII version of the main graphic could work. Something to play with in the future maybe :)

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

gladiatorspit
Clear