Lots of "new" maps added to Worldspawn
Started by raspatan
raspatan Rep. 4508
#1   02 Dec 2022
Specifically, today and yesterday. Check ws.q3df.org/maps/
Most don't seem to be in LvL. The queue will be full for a long time :)
Any guess where do they come from?
Edited 21 seconds after the original posting.
Neon_Knight Rep. 324
#2   12 Mar 2023
Be aware that a lot of the uploaded maps are for the DeFRaG mod.
There are a few maps for Q3 proper from the date of your post onwards:
The usual "Worldspawn only has the pk3, for the .zip proper you must search elsewhere" warning applies.
Tig Rep. 1652
#3   12 Mar 2023
FYI @Neon_Knight
I'll try and check out the rest.

And, looks like I'll need to spend some time on the markup shortcuts :)

Neon_Knight Rep. 324
#4   13 Mar 2023
I get confused using so many markup formats across many wikis/sites/forums... even Discord, lol!
Do we have a markup for bullet/numbered lists?
Edited 40 seconds after the original posting.
HelterSkeleton Rep. 6344
#5   16 Mar 2023
I've had a look and a test play of the following: storm3dm6, mhj-t1, and mhjtourney3_q3a/. The first two are fine but the naming convention of the third means the map will not allow the map to load in either menu or console. you could patch it but i wouldn't recommend it on these grounds for submission.
HelterSkeleton Rep. 6344
#6   16 Mar 2023
Just as a piece of advice: if map queue submissions are going to be member and not author submitted can I suggest the following to members:

1. check the map first on a clean install of quake3 for errors before submitting, and
  2. be at least prepared to submit a review for the map as well so the map queue doesn't get too clogged up with maps sitting in the queue.
perhaps these suggestions could be be pinned in the forum somewhere?
HelterSkeleton Rep. 6344
#7   16 Mar 2023
patin, roc, feu (and perhaps also even noir) appear to be made by the same author. they all have an image of the same cat. none of the files have been packed properly, and in the case of noir I couldn't even be bothered fixing it to load. But we have no author and no read me file so I would not even recommend. Mostly space maps, they would easily fit into the "experimental category" here, and contain interesting aesthetics and ideas but all are unplayable from a match perspective and would all receive "cranky steve" style reviews. If people want to check them out personally from the map archive I would certainly recommend. They are interesting. But I don't think any are in a state to submit for review here, and all are unplayable from a gameplay perspective
Tig Rep. 1652
#8   17 Mar 2023
@HelterSkeleton - Thanks heaps for taking the time to check out the maps and give an overview. Very helpful.

Good suggestion on member map submissions. Really like both ideas!

And... ordered or numbered list support has been added for you :)

HelterSkeleton Rep. 6344
#9   17 Mar 2023
@Tig thanks. heads up all the last 3 npnc maps are the same ctf in day/dusk/night skyboxes. theme: farm terrain. ok to submit if anyone wants to but HUGE imbalance between blue and red bases. blue has protection, power-ups, weapons. red lacks all of these. neither flags have markers indicating their location. meaningless and under-detailed interiors to farmouses and barns.

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

fs3dm1
Clear