Looking for specific CTF map
Started by raspatan
raspatan Rep. 4508
#1   13 May 2020
Hi there,
I remember playing long (long!) ago, say in 2005, a very small CTF map. As far as I remember it was one single room, closed (no open sky), with the two flags on view of each other. I say room because it wasn't a giant box. The player load was perhaps 2v2, 3v3 at the most. The textures were classic (like q3ctf1). There was a bridge in the middle. And, most importantly, and this is why it caught on my memory, it had the "Brave Heart" film music in the background. I've searched for it on this site without success (using the special search tool). Maybe I didn't download it from this site.
That's my sparse recollection of the map. Anyone might have an idea of which map would that be?

Best,
Raspatan.

Tig Rep. 1652
#2   15 May 2020
This one comes to mind, but there is a sky and I am not sure about the sound track: Block by r3x.theCat - lvlworld.com/review/id:2308
raspatan Rep. 4508
#3   19 May 2020
Thanks. That's not the one though. Will keep searching.
lurker Rep. 10
#4   13 May 2022
World's End by .ki.Maverik?
ws.q3df.org/map/mavctf1/
raspatan Rep. 4508
#5   28 May 2022
OMG, that was the one!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! In effect, map was not on LvL!
raspatan Rep. 4508
#6   25 Jun 2022
@Tig @lurker Hi there, does this map load for any of you? I was going to write a review but map doesn't load ("AAS SHUTDOWN"). It does not have bot support (aas file missing) but this has never been a problem for me before.
Edited 24 seconds after the original posting.
Tig Rep. 1652
#7   25 Jun 2022
@raspatan - For mavctf1, you need to load in CTF game mode. I did g_gametype 4 on the console, then devmap mavctf1 - no issues. I could even add bots. This was the standard Q3A engine.

g_gametype 3 (Team DM) is also supported.

For other game modes I get the Couldn't find a spawn point error. This means the author has only included CTF / Team spawns points.

raspatan Rep. 4508
#8   26 Jun 2022
@Tig What a noob mistake! thanks! review incoming :)

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

zih_gaj
Clear