..::LvL website layout feedback
KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2332
#21   22 Jun 2019
@Tig: I like this feature. Thank you!
leilei Rep. 413
#22   23 Jun 2019
eh, if you really want transparency, I just hit the downvote whenever I see Fragtastic because of the blatant fraud since the "reputation" system still makes him look good on this site... :|

Edited 1.87 minutes after the original posting.

gooball Rep. 1091
#23   23 Jun 2019
Very good point. Though I think the majority of his "reputation" was gained before he posted the stolen map. I'm also pretty sure his bio is 100% lies, as I can't find anything related to those claims.
KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2332
#24   23 Jun 2019
If he really wanted to steal a map, why would he choose a map that could easily be found elsewhere? My first map may not be incredible by today's standards, but I can prove that it is 100% my own work that began with a sketch that I drew before I learned how to use GTK Radiant.

I noticed FragTastic hasn't posted since 2016. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised if he's read that we eventually caught on to what he did.

Even now after everything that has happened between me and everyone I've disagreed with on this site in the past 7 years, I still stand by everything that I said.

Edited 1.62 hours after the original posting.

gooball Rep. 1091
#25   23 Jun 2019
On a different subject, I also wouldn't mind a "map favoriting" system. What Tig described seems great to me:
Re: Favourites - Would an extension of the bookmarks be suitable? For example, adding the options to mark as a private, favourite, add notes, played, will play and then the option to filter based on these flags be suitable?
HelterSkeleton Rep. 6344
#26   26 Jun 2019
@Tig ultimately I am happy with what is the least amount of work and the easiest to implement regarding favouriting and also consistent with the site design. I think a favourites similar to the bookmark that could be filtered as a search would be fine and sensible. i don't really care about the vote privacy as much especially if other members aren't that interested (it's more just the personal embarrassment of seeing myself there). the notes would be nice but aren't essential. i could still get most of the information i needed from the map page. at the time i wrote that i didn't realise weapons and items were listed in the overview tab. plyed/will play seems sensible for the bookmarks but i think you really only need one or the other. for example: if you've favourited a map then it has been played and if you didn;t like it you delete it off the bookmarks. then bookmarks would only be maps you haven't played on. but i don't really know how other people use the bookmarks to know if that would work. perhaps they could be flags??? having a played flag on its own wouldn't work because i would still end up with favourite maps and not-so-favourite maps in the same list but i'm not sure if having both would give people more options or just be overkill.

Edited 9.67 minutes after the original posting.

Tig Rep. 1622
#27   19 Aug 2019
@HelterSkeleton : If a section has a number of pages, you can now "jump" to a group number in that listing. Click / tap the "Group X of Y" text and the listing of groups will be shown.

Working on some of the other suggestions as well.

HelterSkeleton Rep. 6344
#28   26 Sep 2019
Sorry for the delay in my reply Tig. I've been meaning to hop back into the forums but I've been getting distracted catching up with all the releases. I try to play one or two every night and as many as I can on the weekends. The job you done on the pages is amazing. Without a word of a lie I use that feature every day. Thank you so much. I'm looking forward to being able to favourite our map selections. I've been sorting through all my bookmarks in anticipation. Can't wait! Thanks again for all your efforts. You are doing God's work.
Tig Rep. 1622
#29   02 Oct 2019
@HelterSkeleton : Bookmark categories are now up and in place.

You can tag a bookmark as Private, Favourite, Will play or "other". You can then filter on all or none of these options.

This means, by default all bookmarks are shown. Selecting Favourite and "other" will only show maps that have been tagged with both options.

Any bookmark tagged Private will only be visible to yourself.

I did not add a "notes" option due to small number of people that are currently using the bookmarks at all. Still thinking about it. Trying to work out how to do it cleanly.

gooball Rep. 1091
#30   03 Oct 2019
The new bookmarks seem good to me! Now I have to go through and sort mine...
A notes option would be kind of nice, but I see how that could be tricky to implement, plus I'm sure there would only be a few people who would use it these days.
HelterSkeleton Rep. 6344
#31   07 Oct 2019
Thanks for the additional bookmark options Tig. As you may have noticed I have already started taking advantage of the feature. if only a few people would ever use a note system it might not be worth doing it in the end
raspatan Rep. 4510
#32   03 Jun 2021
May I use this thread to make another suggestion? The site could make some use of sorting features. It already comes with some default sorting, for example, in Top maps, or in Timeline. But if you search all CTF maps for instance (lvlworld.com/ctf), they come in no apparent order. There you could add a sorting mechanism, for instance: by votes, by downloads, by date, etc...
Similarly, I would like to order my votes from highest to lowest. For instance, I might be looking for a map that I gave a 3, and ordering them would help me A LOT.
Those are two examples but surely it can be implemented in other cases too.
PD: used the Forum search feature to find this thread :)
Edited 39 seconds after the original posting.
Tig Rep. 1622
#33   03 Jun 2021
@raspatan this is something that is well overdue.

Currently thinking is a "sort" page with a number of filter options. Basically, you could select (as an example):

• Game mode (All or one option)
  • Sort order (Votes, Downloads, Comments, Date added, etc)
I'll look at adding a sort option to the member section too.
raspatan Rep. 4510
#34   04 Jun 2021
@Tig That sounds like all we need! You seem to already have some sorting mechanism at work also in the stats page (lvlworld.com/stats) (which btw is not llisted in the menu). Perhaps that page becomes redundant once you introduce a sorting mechanism.
Mapsking Rep. 382
#35   10 Jun 2021
Not to state the obvious, but I noticed it wasn't mentioned, but a way to sort the maps alphabetically would help a lot too, as there is no noticeable way to do that.
richoi Rep. 70
#36   11 Jun 2021
also, sorting the list of mods, if possible, would be nice
:-)
Tig Rep. 1622
#37   11 Jun 2021
@Mapsking : Map title sorting is available now - lvlworld.com/titles - and includes jump points. Only issue is maps that start with "The" will be found under "T".

@richoi : The mods can be sorted already. I spent a lot of time working on integrating that feature, maybe I hide it and need to make a page for it all. You can sort A to Z, Z to A, New to Old (default, as in "reviewed"). You can also click a "type" under the heading and filter just that game type. Here is a sample link for Z to A sorting, with type of "Teams" - lvlworld.com/mods/z2a/tag:3

richoi Rep. 70
#38   12 Jun 2021
@Tig: thank you, very nice. apologies for not noticing.
Mapsking Rep. 382
#39   13 Jun 2021
@Tig
I never actually noticed the Map Title option before. However, it seems like it has limited usefulness. For example, if you know a specific map, you can just type it in. However, if you look at something like Browse>Trending, Menu>Timeline, or really any other tag, there is no obvious way to sort them alphabetically.
Tig Rep. 1622
#40   13 Jun 2021
@Mapsking : Trending is sorted by "what is trending", with the most "trending" listing first and the least trending last. Timeline is exactly the same, but based on date added.

Adding a title sort to either of these two examples would give the sames results as the Title browse page and make the "trending" or the "timeline" feature irrelevant. Basically, you can not sort on trending and title, or timeline and title at the same time. They are mutually exclusive.

One really good thing from this discussion is that someone is at least looking at the trending feature. I was looking at removing it for the new filter option (when it is done).

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

jul24
Clear