leileiRep. 228
leilei  
19 Apr 2012, 11:42 AEST
AlternativeFire for introducing interesting 'tactical' functions for the existing weapons
Hunt for being one of the very few with cooperative gameplay
Bid For Power for production value (hyped, ambitious scope and killer skinning/modeling by Rodney really sparked a *LOT* of imitators in the day), even though the gameplay doesn't really hold very well as it's a huge luckfest.
Superheroes Arena for variety, although there are a bunch of balance issues (feedback = top) though it's also a good 'tactical' mod as well.
UIEnhanced for being such a legendary q3_ui edit for those collectors out there. Its enhanced skirmish feature was almost as good as a random instant action button. A nicely loaded UIE setup makes the Fight! button like a box of qhocolates.
Edited 6.4 minutes after the original posting.

WyattRep. 0
Wyatt  
26 May 2014, 18:49 AEST
This thread is a few years old but I'll bump it anyway. I love Mr.Pants Excessive Plus and Insta. That's like 10 years old lol.

KommissarReb (SW12)Rep. 1397
KommissarReb (SW12)  
02 Jun 2014, 09:51 AEST
I'm alright if any of you want to bump my old threads. I was afraid they might be forgotten eventually.

leileiRep. 228
leilei  
02 Jun 2014, 10:43 AEST
Evolution Eve Clan Arena was interesting for its reproduction of the DC and PS2 version elements and the 'evolutions' feature.

vortexbeastRep. 253
vortexbeast  
06 Feb 2019, 15:00 AEDT
I don't know about best. I've only played a few mods; some good, some not so. But my favorite so far is one that has become standard on our server. The Alternate Fire 2.0 mod.
www.fileplanet.com/...-Fire-v2-0

richoiRep. 0
richoi  
07 Feb 2019, 05:14 AEDT
my fav mods, and, some that i still play, albeit mainly with bots (not in order) are:
* Loki's Revenge CTF (www.lrctf.com)
* Lego Carnage Mod (www.moddb.com/games...arnage-pro)
* PainKeep (www.moddb.com/mods/...keep-arena)
* Corkscrew (www.fileplanet.com/...-Mod-v2-16)
* Smokin' Guns (www.smokin-guns.org)
* Entity Plus (code.google.com/arc...ntityplus/)
* Excessive Plus (www.excessiveplus.net)
* Dreamcast (www.moddb.com/mods/...-map-pack1) (not really a mod, but, a map pack)
* Urban Terror (www.urbanterror.info/home/) (still has active online servers)
* HQQ (High Quality Quake) (www.moddb.com/mods/...e-v37-test)
* Uber Arena (www.moddb.com/mods/uber-arena)
* Ultra Freeze Tag (www.fileplanet.com/...v1-1-Final)
i still play most of these. some are total conversions; some are add-ons; some are just map packs. hope this isn't confusing as they are all fun, imo.
whew
cheers
:-)

bozina69Rep. 74
bozina69  
08 Feb 2019, 08:51 AEDT
Plus one for Alternate Fire. Makes for a lot of new camping spots and ways to move fast using the grapple. I like particularly the sticky grenades and homing rockets. Another cool feature is one can shoot through a portal and have say a rocket come out and get another player on the other side. 2nd would be Painkeep Arena followed by generations. Love the Doom "long range" light shotgun!
Edited 25 seconds after the original posting.

Post a Reply

Only members can post a reply.