Public Beta ..::LvL Android App
Started by Tig
Takkie Rep. 1798
#21   16 Jan 2015
Thanks for the heads up, Tig.
Cheers
CZghost Rep. 1681
#22   16 Jan 2015
Android status bar is now visible, thanks, cheerz :)
FragTastic Rep. 2353
#23   23 Jan 2015
If only I had an Android phone... sigh.
Takkie Rep. 1798
#24   24 Jan 2015
Loving the 'recent comments' function!
GuitarMan Rep. 468
#25   24 Jan 2015
Hey Tig, is there an option to disable notifications? I can't find it. I find some of the details rather annoying; like "5 members, 10 votes", that's useless information. Besides new reviews, only useful information would be new forum posts and new comments.

On the other hand, I don't know if this has something to do with the app or the system, but by default I cannot move the LvL app to the sd card; the button to move it is not enabled, while on other apps (like Skype, Instagram) it is. I had to install one of those shady apps that give me root access so I can move apps to the sd card.

Anyways, thank you very much for your work!

Tig Rep. 1682
#26   24 Jan 2015
For notifications, drag your finger from the very left of the screen towards the centre. Then select what (if any) notifications you want.

For the SD Card support, I'll have to do an update. It is a very quick fix, so it might happen tonight if I get the time. To be honest I simply forgot about.

BTW, the details seen in the notification are dependent on a number of factors. It could be clearer for sure. If you have any suggestions about any part of the App, I'm all ears :]

FragTastic Rep. 2353
#27   25 Jan 2015
So Tig, would it be possible for an iOS version? It would be really hard to do but would you be able to do it?
Tig Rep. 1682
#28   26 Jan 2015
iOS requires $US99 per year, just to be listed on the iTunes Store. I can NOT even develop a "test" App without paying this amount (per year).

For such a small number of users, I think this amount is simply too much.

Android on the other hand requires a once off fee of $US25. I can (and did) develop a test App for free. There is also a lot more freedom with the Android stuff and their backwards compatibly is a lot better too. iOS has a real bad habit of changing too much with each update. Apple also does not have any support for older hardware.

For all these reason, your best option is to visit the main page of ..::LvL and create a "home page" bookmark. You will get a nice "Apple supported" icon (recently added to the site) to place where you like.

The only real difference between doing a home screen bookmark and a dedicated iOS App would be the lack of notifications and the fact that the site is still framed in Safari :[

FragTastic Rep. 2353
#29   27 Jan 2015
Ah not a problem Tig, I was just wondering if it was possible. Don't worry about it, at least we've got an Android app so it looks like I'll be needing to buy myself an Android phone very soon.
Takkie Rep. 1798
#30   01 Feb 2015
Hey Tig, a couple of hours ago i posted some comments on some maps with the app.
After each comment i also placed a 'vote' for that map. I checked my bio and in my activity listing, the votes are added but the comments are not. The maps were cnid2, zeitgeist, chaosdungeons and chaosdungeons2. Strangely i did the same thing to yogi's map 'don't look down' (cool vid you made there! Excellent) and the system added both the vote and comment to my activity. (Perhaps a bug?)

Edited 50 seconds after the original posting.

Takkie Rep. 1798
#31   01 Feb 2015
I see the cooments are now added.
Just wondering, did you did this manually or was this a 'time based' action from the system...
Probably it is me, having a bit of spare time in my weekend to notice these things... :)
Tig Rep. 1682
#32   02 Feb 2015
The notifications are updated at approximately 15 and 45 minutes passed the hour - if there is a change.

I'm not 100% sure everything is working as it should be. I'll try and keep a close watch or do some debugging to make sure. It may be working as programmed, just not as expected :]

FragTastic Rep. 2353
#33   07 Feb 2015
@Tig: I know this is gonna be off topic and I apologies but Tig, what's your email? I need to talk to you about something important.
Tig Rep. 1682
#34   07 Feb 2015
@FragTastic: Use the contact form. It goes to me only. I'll then reply to you with my email address.
FragTastic Rep. 2353
#35   07 Feb 2015
@Tig: Alright man! I'll send you a message some time later.
CZghost Rep. 1681
#36   12 Feb 2015
I'd like to slide screenshots with finger here like in photo gallery e.g. This may require additional Javascript, only for android and iOS devices.
Tig Rep. 1682
#37   12 Feb 2015
@CZghost: This will take a bit of research and may be a little tricky to integrate in to the site design. No promises, but I'll look in to it.
CZghost Rep. 1681
#38   13 Feb 2015
Okay, will take it in the mind :)
Foralarx Rep. 688
#39   17 Jun 2015
Any chance you can add the bookmarks shortcut to the members profile section in the app please. Many thanks in advance

Edit: Nevermind. It's my phone. Got to turn the phone side ways to see the options past the Votes shortcut.

Edited 3.38 minutes after the original posting.

Tig Rep. 1682
#40   17 Jun 2015
FoRaLaRx: Not your phone, that should be fixed. I'll try and get to it soon. Thanks for the feedback.

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

ta_pimap1
Clear