Resubmit Carmack Fortress
Started by deQer
deQer Rep. 7
#1   03 May 2013
I've thought about it; given what SW12 said and given the new lvlworld website's reputation system.

To be fair to the community, I've decided to resubmit krep1. To be fair, I will also submit the original version (unmodified version); the version with the invisible wall issue at the top of the elevator a the beginning of the map. So, if there is a backup of the review that was originally written for krep1 on the old lvlworld version, then feel free to copy/paste that review into this new re-submit.

Your thoughts?

If people agree; you should know though, I was warned from Tig that once the map is removed that it will not be allowed to come back. So, we would have to hope that Tig has the heart to allow this; given the fact that it was an inconvenience for him to deal with this in the first place.

Tig Rep. 1652
#2   03 May 2013
I made a back-up and the original review of Carmack Fortress can be reinstated "as it was", including all comments and its location on the site.

It sounds like you have made changes. What are the changes? Are they significant or more like corrections for issues?

As to re-submitting the release, there is no need, just send in the updated version (with a list of the changes) and the review will be updated to highlight the changes and the map can be reinstated on the site.

If the updated release completely changes the overall gameplay however, maybe a new review is needed.

As to why I said "once the map is removed that it will not be allowed to come back" - It is a pain in the butt to be honest to do all the work required to list a map, then have the author simply say "remove my map because I don't like the review" or "what people have said" or "what people have voted". So I said that to make sure you really want to have your release removed. It is not something I like to do at all.

deQer Rep. 7
#3   04 May 2013
Not sure if I like the idea of the old comments being restored, but okay.

I've made no changes to the map. The only changes I would make, would be minor ones for fixing the issues that people noticed, such as the invisible wall at the top of the elevator at the start.

But I'm saying that I want to be fair to myself and the community by re-submitting the same version so that to receive the same criticism and low ratings/votes as before because of issues like that. Wouldn't you agree? I don't want to use "remove my map!" as an excuse to fix bugs and get new ratings as a result. I want to be fair in that regard. No?

Tig Rep. 1652
#4   19 May 2013
So, what do you want to do in relation to your maps on ..::LvL.

Do you want the maps to be listed again?

If you do, you need to ask for that clearly, because currently it is hard to tell if that is what you really want or not.

deQer Rep. 7
#5   11 Nov 2013
Yes, please list my maps again and their original comments/ratings(if possible).

I've changed my mind; after seeing the new lvlworld site, and hearing what KommissarReb (SW12) said about my map ratings.

Tig Rep. 1652
#6   11 Nov 2013
Your maps Carmack Fortress (krep1) and Maze-eur (krctf01) are now listed again. They can be found here:
lvlworld.com/review/Maze-eur
lvlworld.com/revie...mack%20Fortress
deQer Rep. 7
#7   12 Nov 2013
Thanks for re-posting my material.

I read the existing comments for "Carmack Fortress", and I'm a little sad. I'd like to take back all the negative stuff I wrote there.

I understand it would be too much for me to ask for you to clean that up. So, I'm going to put in the work to try and have those comments cleaned up. I'm going to contact those people, and speak with them and see if we can work it out to have those comments cleaned up. But, I don't see a way of me private messaging any of these users.

So, perhaps I will use this thread to speak out to those people and hope they see my message here and go from there.

I'd like to start by removing a lot of defense remarks I made in my initial post, and then start by asking Tig if he wouldn't mind editing his post to exclude some parts of his post such as "You can't be serious about mapping ..."

Or, do you all feel that these comments should remain? Despite the fact that I regret posting them and I don't agree with what I initially said (in those comments) anymore. Perhaps we can clean it all up, but I can edit my original post there and still add an apology and a thankyou(for the cleanup) to my original post?

Tig Rep. 1652
#8   12 Nov 2013
I've just re-read my posts on your Carmack Fortress release. To be honest, the post with you can't be serious about mapping - lvlworld.com/comments/id:2193 - is valid and I personally think it should stay - that is unless you have made changes to the map and the issues I mention have been corrected. (send me a new download link so I can update the download too)

If you want, you can "report" a comment by hitting the report link. I'll have a close look at it. If the comment is one of yours, I'll remove it. If the comment is by someone else, I'll have a close look at it and see if I think it should stay or not.

You should be able to edit your own comments too.

BTW, your EntityPlus release is a good release, it just could be better. Primarily, that is what most of the feedback is about. Helping you make something better.

Also, you may want to check out Endarcy, a single player game I made for Doom 3 and give me some feedback if you like :] Some info about it here: lvlworld.com/thread/89/0

deQer Rep. 7
#9   13 Nov 2013
No worries. I've edited my posts now, and reported a few others (that I feel don't quite fit anymore, and are redundant).

I have no problem reviewing your Endarcy. I'll need to get a hold of Doom 3, install it (and probably patch it too), and setup your mod. I'll do this soon as I have a chance; but no later than December 31, 2013.

KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2362
#10   13 Nov 2013
I wish I had the money to get Doom 3, so I can test the maps/mods that Tig keeps plugging. I have Ultimate Doom and Doom II, the latter of which I have made some decent maps for (provided you use a source port like Skulltag)
deQer Rep. 7
#11   14 Nov 2013
Speaking of Skulltag, I've been active in doom2 community recently as well. Working on a megawad project, which is 30% done now.

Skulltag is dead, and has now become Zandronum, which is the port i'm using now. It's the best port to date, especially for multiplayer projects.

KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2362
#12   15 Nov 2013
@deQer: Do you know of any active Doom II sites where I can post maps for review like here?
Tig Rep. 1652
#13   15 Nov 2013
This link - tig.onemoremonkey.com/doom2/ - is for the very first maps I made, which happen to be Doom II maps. Don't expect too much, they really are my very first stuff.
deQer Rep. 7
#14   15 Nov 2013
KommissarReb, I'm on doomworld.com (which appears to be the most active site there is for doom2). I'm also on zandronum.com forums, where you can post zandronum-specific stuff; but you can post regular doom2 stuff there as well I suppose.

Tigger, I tried those doom2 maps. Yes, they are a bit crude, but pretty good for 1996 maps. cath2 was quite small. firetop was a bit longer, and I noticed that firetop was an extension of cath2. trap.wad was good for showing off your abilities to make some traps.

They were better than my maps (that I was able to create with DCK) back in 1996.

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

q3sod2
Clear