Type: Location Based DM
Title: ANCIENT ARCHIPELAGO
Filenames: lloydmdm2.pk3, lloydmdm2.txt
Author: Lloyd Morris
Address: **email removed**
Previous Levels: Aftrshok (Half-Life)
Escape Reality (Half-Life)
The Omnipresent Eye (Quake 3 Arena)
+ Numerous Half-Life SP levels for Midas (as yet unreleased)
+ Levels (unreleased) for many games between doom and Q3A.
Description: Set in a citadel on a long deserted island somewhere on the east coast
of the Ancient Archipelago.
The level contains a couple of traps and tricks. Here is an explanation
- The BFG is submerged in a pool. On entering the pool a gong sounds
which can be heard by all others and the player is trapped in the pool
for a few seconds.
- Jumping for the mega health from the roof top try to land on the grass.
Landing on grass from a height anywhere in the map causes no damage.
- Both teleporters choose two random destinations - one of the towers and
one other location.
Beta Testers: Thanks to the following for help with beta testing this map:
- Burial Grounds crew (www.burialgrounds.cjb.net):
- Byron "Snickelfritz" Franek (also created the PDF readme file)
- Gwilym Morris and everyone else at King Of The Jungle LTD (www.kotj.com)
- Kerensa "Where's my L-shaped room?" Morris
- Lutz "uzi" Munka
Thanks also to the following people who've helped me out at Quake3World.com - technically or for support - with Q3 mapping:
- Paul Jaquays (and everyone else at id).
- Jody "Cali Girl" Robinson (www.quake3world.com)
- Robert Duffy
- Small Pile of Gibs
- William Morris
- Pietro da Cortona (For the painting - Triumph of Divine Providence and
- and everyone else at Quake3World.com Level Editing for your help.
Unzip LLOYDMDM2.ZIP and place LLOYDMDM2.PK3 into your
****Test Machine : PIII 500 256MB RAM TNT + Voodoo2****
**** Compile Machine: PIII 700 384MB RAM TNT2****
**** Recommended Machine: As Q3A specs ****
SP BOT support - Yes
Deathmatch - Yes (8 Players)
Co-operative - Yes
New Textures - Yes (over 50% of architectural textures are custom)
ITEMS: ALL WEAPON TYPES ARE PRESENT.
Base: New level from scratch.
Editor Used: Q3Radiant 181 and Worldcraft 2.0
Known Bugs: None
Compile Machine: PIII-700MHz with 384MB RAM
Total time: 2H 45M
Visdatasize 0.4MB :)
Copyright and Permissions:
Authors MAY NOT use this level as a base to build additional levels.
You MUST NOT distribute this level UNLESS you INCLUDE THIS FILE WITH
This level may be distributed ONLY over the Internet and/or BBS systems.
You are NOT authorised to put LLOYDMDM2.PK3 on any CD or distribute
it in any way without Lloyd Morris's permission.
(c) Copyright 2000 Lloyd Morris