Finished: september 11th, 2010
Quake III Arena CPMA TOURNEY/TDM level
title: Left Behind
author: Ferdinand 'cityy' List
email address: cityy at gmx dot de
team deathmatch: 2on2
Bot File (aas): yes
other: This map requires CPMA as it contains a green armor.
There are also jumps for CPM so I recommend playing it
in CPM - though it is playable in VQ3 aswell.
how to play: place ct3dm5.pk3 in your baseq3/ folder
type \map ct3dm5
type \addbot <botname> <skill>
hit ~ (to clear the console)
OR select Left Behind(ct3dm5) from the skrimish menu.
This map has been created for the quake 3 mapping competition #2
hosted by maverickservers.com. (mapping.maverickservers.com/
I always wanted to create a map using a quake2 texture theme,
so I decided to take evillair's eq2 texture set and use it for this level.
During the contest I had a couple of moments where I wondered if the
quality of the eq2 set can compete with all the high res textures you
can use nowadays - I even started to retexture it but in the end I went
back to the eq2 set because of the feedback from the forums (thanks).
Now, where the map is done I can say that I'm happy with the textures
and the overall look of the map.
editor: GTKRadiant 1.5/1.4
other progs: The GIMP
know bugs: none known
- skybox, eq2-, ex- and a few evil8 textures by evillair - www.evillair.net/v2/
- strogg decals by tabun - www.tabun.nl
- rock texture by kat - www.katsbits.com/
- mud texture by sock - www.simonoc.com/
- Maverick (www.maverickservers.com/
) for hosting and organizing the contest
- the sponsors for making the contest possible with their prizes
- Crucial - www.crucial.com/
- Autodesk - usa.autodesk.com/
- Planetside - www.planetside.co.uk/
- Sapphire - www.sapphiretech.com/
- AMD/ATI - www.amd.com
- also the judges for offering their time and making the contest possible
- everybody who participated in the contest for help, feedback, a great
and challenge and awesome maps
- everyone else who gave feedback over at the competition forums
) and at the
quake3world.com LEM forum (www.quake3wor...iewforum.php?f=10
Distribution / Copyright / Permissions
Copyright (c) 2010 cityy, cityy at gmx dot de
All rights reserved.
Quake III Arena is a registered trademark of id Software, Inc.
This level may be electronically distributed only at NO
CHARGE to the recipient in its current state, MUST include
this .txt file, and may NOT be modified IN ANY WAY. UNDER NO
CIRCUMSTANCES IS THIS LEVEL TO BE DISTRIBUTED ON CD-ROM
WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION.