Quake 3 25th Anniversary Contest
Started by Sprony
Sprony Rep. 248
#1   23 Mar 2024
Almost 10 years ago, I organized the last - as far as I know - big contest for Quake 3 to celebrate the game's 15th anniversary. Sadly, the game hasn't received any official love since then from either id or the press when another anniversary is due. I know there are a lot of communities out there still playing and tinkering with the game, but sadly they're all scattered over the internet and we don't have a centralized place anymore. It pains me to see so little love for my favourite arena shooter of all time!

I'm willing to give it my all to try and celebrate Quake 3's upcoming anniversary in style, but at the same time I'm realistic about the chances of getting enough people on board. However, I'm currently bringing Map-Center back (the domain is already up, the website isn't done yet) and we've been supporting id-tech 2 through our Discord server with multiple very successful released map packs and a thriving mapping/modding community behind them. I'm confident that if I put in the work, I could again find sponsors, provide a place to host it and get well known mappers to support it. However, all of that is in vain if nobody is participating.

Consider this post a way for me to gauge interest. Feel free to share it among the many scattered communities out there! Let me know where you shared it though

Geniraul Rep. 1433
#2   23 Mar 2024
Sounds like an awesome idea! I shared it on the "QuakeLegacy.com Quake 2 Remastered" Discord server in the "quake3" channel.
Neon_Knight Rep. 324
#3   12 days ago
I'm in.

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

dmeat_sp02b
Clear