Any way to update old GibHappy mod?
Started by Mapsking
Mapsking Rep. 382
#1   06 Jul 2023
Hello, I was wondering if there is any way to update the GibHappy mod found here: lvlworld.com/mod/id:45? If cvars are set too high, the gun disappears randomly. However, now, with modern systems, I bet we could really crank it up. Does anyone happen to have the source code, or is there any way to modify it to somehow allow more gibs without the gun disappearing?
Tig Rep. 1682
#2   08 Jul 2023
@Mapsking - I've been unable to locate the source code for this mod. It really should have been released with the mod, and maybe it was at the time the project was originally released.

It should be a pretty straightforward mod to re-make. Could be a be great introductory project to coding.

Mapsking Rep. 382
#3   10 Jul 2023
Thanks @Tig, I've wanted to try to learn how to do any coding for a while, but I have no idea where to start, or much of anything about coding in general. Do you happen to know of any good resources I could use to start learning, and possibly try to make one off hand?
Tig Rep. 1682
#4   10 Jul 2023
@Mapsking - The Quake 3 Source code is available here: github.com/id-Soft...Quake-III-Arena

There is a tutorial here: www.theenginesofcr...com/content.php - which is a good starting point. The set-up steps may have changed a bit - GitHub instead of an FTP server for example - but it should be enough to help you get started. Not sure what Operating System you are running, the tutorial is geared for Windows. If you are on Linux or OSX, it could be easier. Well, I find it all straightforward on Linux anyway.

If you have some questions, there should be heaps of answers with a simple search, but we might be able to help here as well.

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

pdcottage
Clear