Help making Q3 bots
Started by Badprime
Badprime Rep. 0
#1   23 May 2022
Hey. I was building bots for quake 3 arena. Added new bots for almost all available extra models using Tig's advice I got from another forum thread. Now I want to construct new bots with new models and skins, and I need help regarding the same. Any tools/software to create models? I edited visor's model tga file and added it as a bot but it didn't read him and threw default sarge at me. Please help me with the same.. thanks in advance.
Badprime Rep. 0
#2   23 May 2022
For reference, I had added the .TGA files to
*/models/players/shredder
(Shredder was the name of my bot).
Tig Rep. 1622
#3   24 May 2022
@Badprime : Check out what I did with Tig's Den - lvlworld.com/download/id:307

I think you are missing the scripts/shredder.bot file.

Badprime Rep. 0
#4   25 May 2022
I have done it. I followed your steps only to create bots with all the unused models. The problem I am facing is with making custom models altogether, like total new models that aren't already in game.
Btw I'm a big fan of your works and the maps.
Tig Rep. 1622
#5   25 May 2022
Great to know you got it all working.

For making models, I would recommend Blender as a model editor. There is a lot to making a model, but an awesome skill to have.

Happy you like my releases :)

Mapsking Rep. 382
#6   25 May 2022
@Tig, do you know of a good plugin for recent Blender versions for .md3 files?
DaEngineer Rep. 71
#7   26 May 2022
@Mapsking: This plugin here supports at least Blender 2.9, possibly even newer minor versions forums.duke4.net/t...__60__p__333414 It doesn't run on Blender 3.0+ though.
You need to triangulate your mesh before exporting it or the export will fail. You should also set your timeline's start and end frame to 1, otherwise you'll end up with a huge file. This is because md3 stores a full copy of your mesh in each frame.
Edited 1.01 days after the original posting.
Mapsking Rep. 382
#8   27 May 2022
@DaEngineer
Thanks! Do you know if there is an .md3 importer as well?
DaEngineer Rep. 71
#9   27 May 2022
I found this addon here, it can do importing and exporting github.com/neumond/blender-md3
You'll need to use Blender 2.79, newer versions don't work download.blender.o...se/Blender2.79/
Edited 13 seconds after the original posting.

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

asb_dm1
Clear