I'm getting this error w/ fog after compiling maps, it only recently started happening however I don't remember changing any of my compiling settings. I've checked to see if I did something wrong in the editor but it's happening w/ all my maps. I have shots to explain what it is since I cannot. I've had this error before but it went away after a long while. img594.imageshack....3/shot0008g.png img101.imageshack....4/shot0009j.png
Edited 1.01 hours after the original posting.
Edited 1.02 hours after the original posting.
Tig Rep. 1662
#2   24 Sep 2011
Fog can be tricky to get right and depends on how it is used. Fog needs to be touching a brush on 5 of the 6 sides. Can you post a shot from the editor as well, with the fog selected? Try to include the entity setting display as well.
img705.imageshack..../gtkradiant.png and i when the fog touches the brushs there's a graphical error so i can't do it.
Edited 1.22 minutes after the original posting.
themuffinator Rep. 1044
#4   25 Sep 2011
Are the fog brushes set as structural? They should be detail.

If not, then post the shader script, maybe it's a shader problem.

Edit: And if you're converting the fog to detail, remember to not let it leak.
Edited 2.08 minutes after the original posting.

tried what you said but it still doesn't work. and the fog shader is from default q3 i can't find it.
themuffinator Rep. 1044
#6   26 Sep 2011
Is the fog like that on official maps (eg: Hell's Gate)?
no and it has to be a compiling problem, i just loaded up a map using the same fog that i haven't compiled in some time and it doesn't have the glitch.
When I compiled a q3tourney5 clone the exact same fog problem comes up, i didn't even modify the map just recompiled.
themuffinator Rep. 1044
#9   04 Oct 2011
I dunno, I'm pretty much out of ideas. Are you using q3map2 or q3map? What switches are you using in the compile?
I'm using Q3Map2. I'm using convert, flares, fulldetail, info, skyfix, v, dark, filter, smooth, sky and bsp2ass. Could it be I'm using a GUI version of Q3Map2?
themuffinator Rep. 1044
#11   04 Oct 2011
Why fulldetail? Oo
You should try to do a basic compile, something like -meta -vis -light should do the trick, and see what happens from there. One of the test compile presets in GtkRadiant 1.4.0 would be a good starting point.
Edited 23 seconds after the original posting.
Tried both of your suggestions neither of them fixed the fog and the latter didn't render any lighting.

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

lollypopdropmap
Clear