I'll help review some mods!
KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2362
#1   12 Jul 2021
I noticed a lot of mods don't have reviews yet. I was wondering why other people didn't submit any, then thought to myself "well...maybe they don't feel like it either". So I'm going to replay some of my favorite mods, download new ones, and help a brotha out. I hope with this post I inspire other users to join me!
Tig Rep. 1652
#2   12 Jul 2021
Awesome! Thanks. Got the first one and will get it up as soon as possible.
raspatan Rep. 4508
#3   15 Jul 2021
Cool! I've done a few and will try to do some more in the future. Unfortunately, not all mods seem to run on modern quake 3 engines (quake3e, ioquake3), or on Linux (my case).
@Tig maybe raising the rep would help. I've always found a bit unbalanced that you can write a comment with little effort and get half the points you get from an in-depth review of maps. Not sure how many people are rep-oriented around here (not me at least) but might foster reviews (I see you are one iteration short of no reviews in the queue map list! Will help out when have some time).
Edited 1.3 minutes after the original posting.
KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2362
#4   15 Jul 2021
@Tig: Did you get my review? I sent it via email so that way I could just attach the screenshots instead of needing to upload it to MegaUpload or Dropbox. If you need me to send the review on this site the normal way, I could do that.
Tig Rep. 1652
#5   15 Jul 2021
@KommissarReb (SW12) : Got the Lego Mod review, but that was all (in case you sent more). Have not had a chance to put it up yet. Hoping tonight I will.
richoi Rep. 70
#6   28 Oct 2021
@Tig - hello...
just looked at a mod i didn't see in your Mod section and was wondering if you could add.
it's called Monkeys of Doom (MoD)
can be found here > monkeysofdoom.org/index.html
there are a few extra goodies for the mod in the author's "Take It!" section.
it's cel based, cartoonish fun imo.
p.s.: i prefer not to review mods cuz i'm a lousy reviewer.
peace & thank you.
HelterSkeleton Rep. 6344
#7   17 Nov 2021
@richoi great suggestion for mod. there are a few maps for this mod already here on level.

@EmeraldTiger: I was just saying to Tig that I would get round to doing a few. The reason I haven't yet is largely because a mod is a more time consuming process to properly review and assess than a single custom level (e.g. server settings, customisations, etc.) plus history: for older mods, unless you were a mod developer or player from the get go (much of the history - beyond the changelog - is just lost to time, dead web addresses, dead hosts etc.)

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

lsjg_coop
Clear