How to Add Bots in Dedicated Quake Live Server?
Started by myleg123
myleg123 Rep. 90
#1   05 Apr 2020
Hello everybody,
I recently started a Quake Live server, and I was wondering how to add bots. I am already admin on the server, but there is no option to add bots in the pause menu, and the command "/addbot" doesn't work. I looked through the server configuration files, but found no mention of anything to do with bots anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
themuffinator Rep. 1044
#2   07 Apr 2020
It's a remote server, no? In which case you'd need to use remote console, so 'rcon addbot...'
myleg123 Rep. 90
#3   07 Apr 2020
I don't know if this is just my remote console being unresponsive, but when I try to type the command you gave me into the console, nothing happens, not even a message after I enter the command. In fact, no commands that I enter seem to do anything. My server provider is EOReality.net and my online control panel is from TCAdmin. Any ideas?
themuffinator Rep. 1044
#4   08 Apr 2020
bot_enable 1?
myleg123 Rep. 90
#5   08 Apr 2020
Ok, so I did the rcon command "bot_enable 1", and it said that it would go into effect after a server restart. After I restart the server, I still can't add bots, whenever I do "rcon addbot" into console, the bot isn't added, and I get no response back, same as before. Also, I noticed that even after I restart the server after performing "rcon bot_enable 1", I run that command again, and I get the same response as before, telling me that the command would go into effect after a server restart. Is this normal?
Tig Rep. 1652
#6   08 Apr 2020
After rcon bot_enable 1, change maps, do not "restart" the server.
myleg123 Rep. 90
#7   08 Apr 2020
Hey, that worked! Thanks for all of the help everybody

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

yngtourney1
Clear