Ideas for gimmick themed maps?
KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2362
#1   11 Jul 2011
After playing Hogwarts by Comic Relief, it made me think how cool if there was a Quake 3 Version of a Spongebob themed map.

The reason for that is because I have downloaded and played a map for Jedi Knight 2-Jedi Outcast that has EVERYTHING you could put into a map based off of Spongebob.

When I played it it reminded me of those funny gimicky moments I had when playing Hogwarts for the first time. Such as Squidward's house telling me to "GO AWAY!" or in Hogwarts for Quake 3, Filch's detention drawer having a full drawer for the Weasley's.

I loved playing around in those gimmick maps, and after playing The Spongebob map for JK2 (see for screenshot->jediknight3.filefr...s/File/101773/3) I felt like there needed to be something like that for this game. After all, Quake 3 and Jedi Knight 2 MP are quite similar in my opinion. of course-you are free to think differently.

So my final question being; Can I expect more of those theme maps? I hope so. Because IMO, all of these "arena" styled maps are beginning to bore me a little.

Bender Rep. 0
#2   25 Sep 2011
how about a lord of the rings theme ,so many locations from the movies would be ideal (and also a trip to see)
7bit Rep. 0
#3   17 Nov 2011
Last night i was watching Zardoz and that's something I'd to play on Quake, one structure would be the head with both interior and exterior views, another the Vortex villa (green lawns, victorian buildings, statues, etc) and maybe the mirrored Tabernacle.... well, what are you waiting? get on it! Just remember to model an exterminator and of course, Connery as Zed.
KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2362
#4   25 Jan 2012
How about Lavender Town from Pokemon?

The author could make it seem like there are ghosts in the Pokemon Tower, It would be cool to frag there with the Lavender Town music playing.

What the music sounds like-> www.youtube.com/watch

The music is said to be creepy...Which is why it is the base of many creepypastas ;)

FragTastic Rep. 2343
#5   31 Jan 2012
For the spongebob map, You could make his pineapple house along with Sqidward's house & Patrick's house :). And you can add the Krusty Krab if you want.

Now if you want to make a brilliant gimmick themed map, You can make a Saw themed map. You can make several rooms with each room having a trap and you cant escape the house. It's a brilliant idea. And you can have a Jigsaw model along with the map :).

MOON Rep. 0
#6   01 Feb 2012
I think that this would be an interesting map.. Opens GTKradiant, I think that I might do it, after I am finished with my Temple of time map, I think me and matt8110 will be working on Kakariko village after the temple of time, so That is definitely third on my list of maps to make.
FragTastic Rep. 2343
#7   02 Feb 2012
I'm going to be making a Saw themed map next month because right now i'm kinda busy with education. NO ONE TAKE MY MAP!

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

bgmappakii
Clear