Flashbacks
Started by EmeraldTiger
EmeraldTiger Rep. 2601
#1   19 May 2011
I noticed weve been getting a lot of "oldies" in ..::LvL lately. All the ThreeWave CTF map packs still in the submission list, a "Pad" arena from over a decade ago which has since been reviewed, and a playground-themed map which is also in the submission list.

Is there anyone in particular that has been submitting these old arenas? Because to be quite honest it isnt a bad idea. Dig up some old maps from the grave to give them a bit of attention, give them a review, etc (talking about old maps that never were submitted to ..::LvL). My only problem is knowing whether or not you need to obtain permission first before uploading them here. If you were a level author who did not submit their maps here but someone else submitted them for you without asking, would you be nicely surprised or rather upset?
Edited 57 seconds after the original posting.

Tig Rep. 2032
#2   19 May 2011
The only limitation on submission is what the author has included in the readme file.

If there is something in the readme that says 'not to be reviewed' or 'not to be downloaded from anywhere but SOME.SITE.COM (or something like that), then it can not be listed on ..::LvL - otherwise, feel free to submit the maps :]

KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2420
#3   05 Jun 2011
Well, it seems as if the old ones that haven't been reviewed are being mopped up to allow new submissions. I also saw to it the most recent "Pad" map has been reviewed.
GuitarMan Rep. 488
#4   05 Jun 2011
Good to know about this. There is one map I love, I think it's been released 10 years ago, but as the mapper never submitted it to ..::LvL it's not listed here. And it's a damn fine map. I'll submit it soon.

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

fiab_dm1
Clear