Lack of updates :[
Started by Tig
Tig Rep. 1662
#1   23 Dec 2013
Sorry for the lack of updates people. I have a few ideas on how to speed things up, but I wanted to pass it by you people first.

Option 1) Very thin review with a request for a new review. Screen shots but no video. Update the review if one is submitted. Do a video when I get the time.

Issues with option 1) I can see no review or video being submitted or added no matter how long the map is listed for. Goes against what I really wanted for ..::LvL.

Option 2) Wait until I have the time to do the job properly.

Issues with option 2) Much slower to get maps listed (just like now).

What would really help to speed up the updates is to have some reviews submitted. If you are interested, check out lvlworld.com/writeareview

Incognito Rep. 156
#2   31 Dec 2013
Hi Tig.
I would gladly send some reviews but don't have enough talent for that.
We appreciate all your work you have done on this website.
Quake live doesn't compare to Quake 3....:)
Kyall Rep. 417
#3   01 Jan 2014
I'd love to send in some reviews but I've had some health problems for a couple of months and I can't really do a great deal of anything until it's fixed. A shame too because I'm on Christmas holidays :(
I've never actually made a review before though, mainly because I don't think I'd do a good job at it.
GuitarMan Rep. 468
#4   04 Jan 2014
I've got some free time in my hands these days, I can't make promises but I think I'll be able to send in a couple reviews.

I'm curious about what are the technical specs required for submitting screenshots, I could even try to capture a video. I'm on Ubuntu, so I'll see what comes up from this.

Tig Rep. 1662
#5   04 Jan 2014
@GuitarMan: Sounds great to me!

As to the screenshots: No hud (use something like: bind m "toggle cg_draw2d"), 4:3 aspect ratio, 1600x1200 (or as close as possible), then resized to 640x480. More than happy to do the screenshots, but you are welcome too.

As to the video: I record a demo (5 to 10min), dump to a video, then edit the best 31seconds out of it. 10min is too long scrub when editing, so I try to take timestamp notes of when the "best parts" are while playing, then I can quickly edit them out later. If I'm lucky and get a few good runs in the first few minutes of a game, I'll stop and use that unless I'm having too much fun :]

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

devodm1
Clear