Where to find: Model Making tools & Tutorials
KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2362
#1   04 Oct 2013
After watching the Android Saga of DBZ I want to make custom models of Androids 17 & 18 to be able to play in the SuperHeroes Arena mod. Problem is-I don't know how.

I also do not know of any free model making tools I could use to create them. Thanks in advance to anybody that can point me to a download.

Takkie Rep. 1798
#2   04 Oct 2013
As far as i know (i don't model) blender is used frequently, free and open source: www.blender.org/
You can check this link for more programs:
www.hongkiat.com/b...hould-not-miss/
And iirc: milkshape was/is popular...
Hope it helps.
KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2362
#3   04 Oct 2013
There are two Blender downloads: Windows 32bits and 64bits. Which one is the one I want?
Tig Rep. 1672
#4   05 Oct 2013
@KommissarReb: Try this link: support.microsoft.com/kb/827218 - then scroll down a little and it will tell you which version of Windows you are running.
leilei Rep. 413
#5   08 Oct 2013
Unless you're planning to do the very, VERY excruciating task of animation yourself (from scratch no less), don't bother. It is easier said than done, and very trial and error - especially in the case of animation.cfg, lower/upper animation sync, and tag rotations.

Many artists had the 'easy way out' in 1999-2001 since id software released their animation biped files they used to animate their player models for Quake3 hence all those similarly animated models that happen to move like Visor. They were only released for 3D Studio MAX users to use, and Blender (nor anything else) cannot make any use of them. Artists familiar with this age old pipeline have already moved on (with most of them working in the industry) so getting help about it is just pounding sand.

Edited 8.97 minutes after the original posting.

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

jex3dm1
Clear