!delete all tig_beta levels to stop texture problems!
date: 18 mar 2001.
Quake3Arena RA3 level.
title: Certain Ruin
file: tig_ra3.pk3, tig_ra3.bsp
email address: **email removed**
description: 4 arenas in total
RA3: Yes, 4 Arenas
Bot File (aas): no
new sounds: yes - all free to use
new graphics: a heap;
* modified idsoftware ones
* modified HFX ones by evil_liar
* a few Mr.cleaN ones
* a few g1zmo ones
new music: no
how to start start quake3
start the ra3 mod (arena)
type \devmap tig_ra3
type \noclip (to fly around)
or start a RA3 server and type
then join the server :]
About 6 months in development working on it between
..::LvL updates. The Clan Arena is targeted at small
matches between 2 and 8 people. The other arenas a
good for 1on1 and 2on2 games
editors: Q3Radiant and GtkRadinat
other progs: Q3 Build by
Sagnor <**email removed**>
AzrKnight <**email removed**>
PakScape v0.11 by Peter Engstrom
Also Notepad and Photoshop
know bugs: 'Succulent Subversion' can be a little
slow due to the fog, most people should
not have any problems however.
'Flat Ground' can be a little slow on
some low end set-ups. The reason is the
lightmap is so big :[
The out side curves on 'Stolen Goods'
have 'gaps' on the medium curve
setting. This is more of a Q3A
bug/feature than a mapping error.
A door/button sound is heard when you
shoot the *gong* on 'Quiet Times'.
There is no 'silent' shootable triggers
at all in Q3A, so this was the best I
could come up with. Not really a bug
more like a limitation of Q3A entities
build time: between work and LvL updates over the
last 6 months
compile: see tig_ra3_compile.txt for info and
thanx to ...
* Mandog for incredible support throughout the
construction of the level, for the use of her
skyboxes and everyday wonderfulness :]
* SgtGhost for running planetquake.com/mahq and great
support and in-depth feedback.
* Budda for incredible feedback and essay skills :]
* nakedape for support and feedback
* Binaryshi and Bauul for some great feedback early on
* Karloff for trying to find a fix for the *gong*
sound trigger on 'Quiet Times'
* cin for hassling me to get it out!
* Techx, MEet-CEes, weasel, Dagwit, tlg|BulleT,
GONNAKILLYA! and others for great support and
and all the other ppl that have given their feedback
along the way
extra special thanx to ...
* evil_lair for all the great work he puts into his
textures used throughout the arenas.
Check out www.planetquake.com/hfx
* Natestah for the use of the plant md3's and vine
texture that I used as a base for mine
* Mr.cleaN of the use of a the jump pad textures
(which I end up changing after feedback)
* rungy for the great waterfall .md3
* Todd Gantzler for the 'multiplants', very nice!
* g1zm0 for a few textures and support
Distribution / Copyright / Permissions
Copyright (c) 2000 ray, Tigger-oN, **email removed**
All rights reserved.
Quake III Arena is a registered trademark of
id Software, Inc.
This level may be electronically distributed only at
NO CHARGE to the recipient in its current state, MUST
include this .txt file, and may NOT be modified IN
ANY WAY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES IS THIS LEVEL TO BE
DISTRIBUTED ON CD-ROM WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION.
This level can NOT be used on ANY commercial
multi-player server without the explicit written
consent of Tigger-oN.