Extract the fmfdm1.pk3 file to your baseq3 folder in your main Quake 3 Arena folder. Start Quake 3. Click Single Player. Click Skirmish. Click on through the maps until you get to The Hot Tub... Have fun.
e-mail: **email removed**
Game Type: FFA for 4-6 players
Bot Support: Enabled
Default Bots: Daemia, Grunt, Orbb, Slash
PK3 File: fmfdm1.pk3
BSP Name: fmfdm1.bsp
Total Brushes: 1710
Total Entities: 153
Custom Textures: 1 texture included from Zoid's Threewave CTF add-on (base_floor/tilefloor2.jpg)
Build Time: 3 Weeks
Compile time: 3 hours, 15 mins
Compile Machine: AMD kiii450, 64mb, matrox millennium g400 with 16mb (not the best card for q3a or q3r BTW)
Download Location: www.geocities.com/fmfat/fmfdm1.zip
id software for such a great game
the good people at forums.gamedesign.net, especially Eutectic, for guiding me through the whole process.
my wife, for not asking too many questions or hassling me to earn more money and get off my lazy fat arse even though she has no comprehension of why I play quake or make maps. She's a good woman.
- Strange square one-sided surface in the Hot Tub itself - difficult to see in the game, impossible to find in the editor. But I will try.
- The bots can't use buttons properly. As you will see if you play q3dm7, they just hang around waiting for the door to open. The bots had a habit of hanging round at the bottom of the pool hoping the door would open so they would get the megahealth, during which time they drowned. So... firstly they aren't "attracted" to the megahealth and will make no attempt to use it. And secondly, they will always try to avoid the pool though of course they can fall in. This fudge is based on play testing and is the best solution I came up with. I have no plans to fix it.
Changes from version 1.00:
- Fixed flickering wall (don't know how)
- Fixed "disappearing wall" near pool.
- Included missing texture in pk3 file
Legal Stuff: This map may not be included on any CD or exploited commercially in any way without the prior permission of the author. It may not be used as a base for other peoples maps. This zip file may be distributed freely in any electronical format (not including material format, such as CD or Zip Disk) without the prior permission of the author as long as the zip file remains unmodified. Thank you.