mrksrbrt3dm1 - "23 tons of steel"
:: Authors: Markus "mrks" Gohl
Robert "rbrt" Kuhfuss
:: Content: own shaders (few)
own textures (few)
lots of q3 basic-stuff
skybox Grimmnight (see credits)
:: Information: This map was built for the NoGhost Mapping Competition, which last from November 1st, 2009 till December 12th.
However, we just had a layout in mind before the comp starts, after deciding to give quakelive-mapping a go.
Its a classical gothic Q3A map with a lot of steel in it.
Suitable for tourney and dm.
* Brushes: 4235
* Entities: 740
* Bot support: yes
:: Credits: - We would like to thank the Noghost-Community and especially 'Maverick' for organisation, bringing this contest to life, were many popular and talented mappers clash up.
Also for uploads, server and all the stuff.
- All the people from the contest, giving a lot of feedback during the mapping process.
- Jockum Skoglund aka 'hipshot', for his nice skybox (which could've been even more eye-catching if the map was mapped a bit more open )
visit him at www.zfight.com
; **email removed**
:: Installation: Unpack the .pk3 file into your /Q3/baseq3 directory.
:: Copyright: Use the map however you want, except for COMMERCIAL use.
You can modify or use textures as well as shaders.
You are NOT allowed to modify or exploit the map itself in any ways without permission of the authors.
The map has always to contain this readme-file.
The Sponsor-logos are under the copyright of their companies.
Quake III Arena is a registered trademark of id Software, Inc.
mrks & rbrt,
Information about the Contest:
NoGhost Mapping Competition for Quake 3 Arena
:: Official start: November 1st, 2009 and will run for 6 weeks until midnight December 12th
:: Prizes and Sponsors
* -1st Place: AMD Phenom™ II X4 965 Black Edition Processor and Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 Graphics Card
* -2nd Place: AMD Phenom™ II X4 965 Black Edition Processor and Sapphire Radeon HD 4650 Graphics Card
* -3rd Place: Sapphire Pure 950W Power Supply
* -Sponsored by: AMD, ATI, Sapphire, NoGhost.net and Maverick Servers
* -The map should hold at least 8 players (suitable for 8 player FFA or 4v4 TDM/CTF) or 2 players for a 1v1 map
* -All maps are judged on the same scale, so a smaller map will be held to same to the same quality standards as larger maps
* -Doesn't necessarily have to support a specific gametype or mod, but you are welcome to specify one
* -Map must contain sponsor images; downloadable here
* -Map must be previously unreleased or a new design; please no map remakes or edits
* -A majority of the map should be indoors; please no maps without walls or a ceiling/roof, i.e. space maps like Q3DM17
* -Custom textures are allowed; participants need to make sure all textures are legal to use in this competition
* -Maps should be designed for normal all-weapon play
* -Each participant is allowed to only submit one map and the .map file should be released with the final .pk3 of the map when submitted to the judges for the final judging (the .map file will *not* be distributed except to judges)
* -Once a map is created play testing and posting screenshots is allowed and encouraged
* -Will be done by a panel of experienced players who are familiar with that map's chosen audience (ie: a CPM map is judged by CPM players, a CTF map is judged by CTF players, etc)
* -Scored on gameplay/design, overall looks, creativity, and layout
* -Will occur from December 13th to the 19th; winners will be announced immediately afterwards right here
* -Judges so far: Karol "Hell5pawn" Zagórski from NoGhost.net, Anthem from Team Event Horizon, Tig from lvlworld.com, Valentino "kEy21" Viglione a Quake 3 Clanbase admin, Hipshot from zfight.com, and Adam "SyncError" Pyle from id Software