title: The Frag Pipe 2002
author: Wesley "Simon" Tack
email address: **email removed**
description: A remake of the popular Q2DM3 (The Frag Pipe),
i for one liked that map very much, and i wanted
to play it in Q3 also, since the "conversions" usualy
were not to good, i desided to remake it from scratch.
It a tactical 1on1 map, 8 spawnpoints. The weapons are
pretty much the same as the Q2 map, there is no quad or
deathmatch: DM (up to 6 players)
Bot File (aas): yes
new sounds: no
new graphics: no
new music: no
base: Q2DM3 (The Frag Pipe)
editor: GTKRadiant 1.2.9
other progs: BSPC
know bugs: none
build time: WAY TO LONG!
compile machine: AMD Athlon XP 1700+ / 512mb RAM / GeForce 3 Ti 200
compile time: approximately 20 minutes
(-vis, -light, -fast, -extra, -bounce 5)
playtesters: Slip, Grudge, SludgE, C-note, Salvador, Dark.
how to play?
- Make sure you have the latest Quake III: Arena patch installed,
For more information, visit www.quake3arena.com/
- Unzip the contents of q3fp2002.zip to your Quake3\baseq3 folder.
- Run Quake III: Arena.
- From the main menu select Single player then Skirmish, select game type: Tournament,
the map should appear somewhere on the list, usually at the end.
- Then select your bot (default: Keel), and have fun.
- "Grudge": for helping me out debugging the map (without him there would be no Q3FP2002), very big thanks!
Grudge maps homepage: www.grudgedesign.com
- "Slip": for his help on testing the map, very big help.
- "Old Fellow": for helping me out with my SERIEUS LAVA TRAP problem, he made it work, thanks alot for that!
- id Software for making the best FPS games out there!
Distribution / Copyright / Permissions
Copyright (c) 2002 Wesley "Simon" Tack
All rights reserved.
Quake III Arena is a registered trademark of
id Software, Inc.
This level may be electronically distributed only at
NO CHARGE to the recipient in its current state, MUST
include this .txt file, and may NOT be modified IN
ANY WAY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES IS THIS LEVEL TO BE
DISTRIBUTED ON CD-ROM WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION.
Enjoy and thank you,