Demos for maps before 2007
KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2362
#1   29 Jun 2012
I can help add demos for maps which I think deserve them before late 2007. That one can see a vid for older maps. Also since it can be only 30 seconds, you may edit them so that only the parts of it tour the map, and at the same time, the most interesting parts ;)
Tig Rep. 1672
#2   29 Jun 2012
Sure, that sounds good to me. This is what I would recommend:
  • Create the demos, but make them as a short as possible, like 5 min max! Editing takes a lot of time. The shorter the source, the quicker.
  • Save the demos as "filename of the zip file" and zip them up. For example, if the download is "map_xyzq3.zip" and the map is called "xyzq3.pk3", then use "map_xyzq3" as the filename.
Then either email me the zip or get yourself a Dropbox or Google Drive account (I can send you an invite / link if required) to upload the demos to.

We could try this method out on a few maps to start with and see how it goes.

KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2362
#3   29 Jun 2012
Alright, I'll try. Although I cannot guarantee you that I can limit the time to 30 seconds or 5 minutes due to me not knowing how to edit the demo. I understand you have much to manage on this site, but you are also the one who knows how to cut out the unnecessary parts of a demo and only keep the parts that are interesting, or describe the map well in a visual summary.

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

quake-shareware
Clear