Large Number Of Maps - Can't See Them All
Started by WolfyBrandon
WolfyBrandon Rep. 0
#1   14 Apr 2012
Hi All,

I have a large number of maps for Quake 3 for every game mode. The in-game browser only shows a limited number of them so sometimes when I want to play a specific map I can't select it since it's not in the list. Does anyone know a way to fix this or get around this issue besides having to type the map name in console because I don't want to do that. I use a program called MapMan that helps, but it's only only problems are some advanced mod's don't work with it, as well as it does not allow me to setup teams for CTF so I can never use it when I want to play CTF. Any help would be appreciated.

CZghost Rep. 1681
#2   14 Apr 2012
Console should launch you map you want, also in specified gametype if previously set...
I always use DEVMAP (launch with cheats), but usualy don't use the cheats I have enabled...
Tig Rep. 1662
#3   14 Apr 2012
In your "baseq3" folder make a folder called "archive". Now move any map/pk3 you have not played in the last 3 months into that folder. Keep going until you only have about 150 pk3 files in your baseq3 folder. The 150 is only a guess BTW. A higher number should work as well, but it will depend on the number of maps within the pk3 files.
WolfyBrandon Rep. 0
#4   15 Apr 2012
Bah that sucks, I was hoping there was a better program or mod out there to view all your maps and setup games... :-\
CZghost Rep. 1681
#5   15 Apr 2012
@Tig Someone doesn't know, what treasures he have in q3 (mine case), there's in focus example of console launch: /g_gametype #number /map #mapfilename OR /devmap #mapfilename (if he wishes to play with cheats) - in this case he want to play CTF (/g_gametype 4)...
Tig Rep. 1662
#6   15 Apr 2012
@CZghost: WolfyBrandon wants to be able to use the in-game menu, not the console to load a map. To quote WolfyBrandons original post:

Does anyone know a way to fix this or get around this issue besides having to type the map name in console because I don't want to do that

See, WolfyBrandon knows how to use the console, but would rather not use it. A perfectly good reason to ask a question.

CZghost Rep. 1681
#7   15 Apr 2012
Sorry, I've messed it...

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

stei11
Clear