Auto tags added
Started by Tig
Tig Rep. 1662
#1   04 Apr 2012
You may have noticed that tags have been added to most maps now for weapons, items and bots.

This was done by automatically by a few scripts I wrote. Any PK3 that did not 'match' what the scripts where look for was skipped. This is why some maps still do not have tags for them.

The other issue is, bots may have been added to maps that do not have bot support. The reason for this one is, the scripts checked the .arena file. If the author added bots to the .arena, but did not make a valid bot file, the script could not tell the difference.

And one last thing for TA maps. Any bot that was a 'team only' bot was add as a 'blue' team bot.

If you see a map that has no bot support, but has bots listed, please fix it up. It would be a huge help. There is even a 'No bot support' tag you can add.

CZghost Rep. 1681
#2   08 Apr 2012
I really like the tags idea, now we can see weapons and items right in map before we download it...

Anyway, I have new inspiration right by underway theme (map will be named, surprisly, “The Underway”)
Map construction haven't been started yet, but it will be soon ;)

PaN61 Rep. 385
#3   13 Apr 2012
I like the Auto-tag feature. Is handy in a lot of ways. Although one bad thing which I've spotted when it comes to the tags, it can display a weird value for the tag that it's applicable to. So far I've come across Speed Metal by Quaker-X which has this applied to the Shotgun tag. It says: "Shotgun (x32)", I'm thinking a value error of displaying 32 instead of 2.

So far, the Auto-tag system has been great.

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

gauntlet
Clear