Your Best Custom Map Created By Yourself?
Started by FragTastic
FragTastic Rep. 2343
#21   19 Mar 2012
@Satan Fang: Oh my bad.
Hulter Rep. 0
#22   06 Apr 2012
I'm absolutely amazed by the sheer amount of time people put into these maps. Too bad I can't play them. Some of the maps I've seen on here are stunningly good loooking, and the layouts all look really creative.

I haven't got a computer strong enough to run pretty much any 3d engine at all, nor do I think I'd even be able to handle an advanced map editor myself.

I've been into forge in Halo Reach and I enjoy map designing, competitive layouts and all of this good stuff. All you've got to work with in the Reach forge tool is grey blocks with ugly textures, though. That also means we don't spend as much time just constructing our maps, you know. I haven't worked on any map for longer than a month, ever. Our simple, ugly little maps can be built in merely like one day, which is absolutely ridiculous, when taken into context.

But yeah, OT: My best own map would have to be Taurus, a small, simple five room asym with two sets of two way teleporters. I've built one other map that's actually quite good by most like real map design standards as well, but that one was just an adoption of this other guy's design, so it hardly counts.

I've got this one old really terrible gameplay video on Taurus, from before the major TU, that fixed the major issues with the game, came along, so yeah, it looks sort of broken gameplay wise, I suppose. And I wasn't playing very well either. but whatever. It shows the map, in case anyone would be interested.

www.youtube.com/watch

Couldn't find a video for Arca, but I've got a link to a thread for it on forgehub.

www.forgehub.com/f...35583-arca.html

Please don't ridicule me for liking a noob franchise like Halo =). I really can appreciate the much more competive gameplay of games like quake and UT, but I just can't handle the controls on a computer, and the map editors are way to complex for my little hick brain.

And don't mind my English if it's whacky at places. I'm Swedish, and English is my fourth language, along with Swedish, Finnish and German.
Edited 6.93 minutes after the original posting.

FragTastic Rep. 2343
#23   07 Apr 2012
@Hutler: Halo Reach has to be the best Halo game for me. It's just amazing :D
Hulter Rep. 0
#24   11 Apr 2012
@FragTastic: Lol, it's Hulter, not Hutler. Everybody gets that wrong, for some odd reason. I'm guessing it's because it bears resemblance to the name of a certain quite unpopular, mustachioed chap.

But uhm, yeah. Halo reach pre patch was complete and utter rubbish, what with the broken, random DMR bloom and what not, but I actually do quite enjoy it now after the title update.

In terms of game mechanics, it's really not even close to as good as CE was, but what I like about it is obviously the forging and map design community, which for that matter happens to be completely dead by now. Just trying to cope until Halo 4 and a bigger community hopefully comes back.

Oh, and I suppose you'd have to consider that the PC version of combat evolved has a quite good map editor and even modding tool, so that really is superior to Reach whatever way you choose to look at it.

Group 2 of 2

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

dubneoc
Clear