..full menu - browse by type?..
Started by richoi
richoi Rep. 90
#1   20 Jul 2024
greetings Tig...
today i checked out the map 'moltencliffs' that's in the map queue.
it's a remake of a quake champions map - molten falls.
i do have another qc conversion - blood covenant. i checked the
full menu-browse by type and did not see a button for quake champion maps.
maybe something to add? or are these the only two so far?
thank you, and...
peace ~ cheers,
..ric..
Tig Rep. 2032
#2   20 Jul 2024
@richoi - Added a "tag" for "Remake - Quake Champions" in the Overview -> Theme section.

This is more scalable and flexible than the older database "flag" option that was used for "Quake Live".

If the number of maps with this tag starts to climb, we can look at a menu option to filter them out quicker.

Please feel more than welcome to add any missing tags to maps you come across.

richoi Rep. 90
#3   21 Jul 2024
@Tig --- thank you. btw, finding maps using 'tag search -> theme'; and, the other tag search options is a cool feature :-)
peace ~ cheers
richoi Rep. 90
#4   08 Aug 2024
@Tig -- in the overview of maps i noticed an entry "Bots:" in the overview of recently reviewed map - Molten Cliffs - the bot has a large red X. i assume meaning no bot support. there is bot support in Molten Cliffs. i removed the red X'd bot and added a generic tag "Bot support" instead of selecting all the bots listed.
peace ~ cheers
Geniraul Rep. 1523
#5   08 Aug 2024
As far as map packs go, I personally would suggest either sticking with the 'Bot support' tag or listing bots on all relevant maps to ensure consistency.
Tig Rep. 2032
#6   08 Aug 2024
@richoi : Thanks for noticing and reporting. That is exactly what the script should have done. Checking why the "Bot support" tag got missed. I've also picked up on another minor bug. Will try to fix up both issues.

@Geniraul : If there are bots pre-selected, all of the individual bots should be listed. If there is bot support, but no bots pre-selected, the "Bot support" tag should be used. And, if the author has included a custom bot, the "Custom bot" tag should be used.

Edit: Found the issue with the script and Molten Cliff's, well, there was no error :) In this case, the author has done something odd with their release. The secondary issue identified has been resolved too.

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

l3dm1
Clear