Submission of map is still unlinked
Started by CZghost
CZghost Rep. 1681
#1   04 Sep 2011
I want to submit a review for map q3shw27 and map is still unlinked from download and changing another download location will search similar map reviews from author of map. When will be the map q3shw27 able to download?

Note: Map isn't my, see 'I want to submit a review...', his author is ShadoW and I cannot write review without readme file (Map title and gametype) and map pk3 (Finding bugs and trying gameplay), because these things are the most important for writing a review...

CZghost Rep. 1681
#2   04 Sep 2011
Away from theme of thread:

My first three Team Arena maps there may be final version for first time (all tests are done by me), next maps also for other mods include baseq3 will be released as alpha version for first time, then beta version and then final version will be able to download.
There will be only final version, alpha and beta testing will be at q3w forums. Also alpha versions will be separated into more (like Alpha #1, #2, #3)similar to required edits. Same will be with BETA versions (like BETA #1, #2, #3). Final version will be only one after most edits and testings in alpha and beta stages.

Tig Rep. 1662
#3   04 Sep 2011
The 'download linking' in the map queue is automated and will appear within 24hrs of this post. Basically, try again tomorrow :]
CZghost Rep. 1681
#4   05 Sep 2011
OK, but the map is also for three days in map queue. The download link is still unavaible.
Tig Rep. 1662
#5   05 Sep 2011
This is the process:
  • A map is submitted via email by a user.
  • When I read my email, the map is added to the map queue as quick as possible (but is not uploaded straight away).
  • When I get a chance, I download the map and make sure the download is valid and correct and is in fact a pk3 (but is still not uploaded).
  • When I get the time, the maps are uploaded to the servers (but the download link is still not added).
  • Once a day, an automated script is run on the main server to check all the downloads, readme files and a few other things. When the script is finished, if anything has changed (like a new download found), the changes are passed onto the site automatically (this is when the download link will appear).
Please remember I work and have a number of projects running at once. ..::LvL is a free service which cost me a lot of a time and money to run. Sometimes things take time to happen. The map will be available soon. It has not been 24hrs since my previous post btw.
CZghost Rep. 1681
#6   05 Sep 2011
OK, I've already downloaded map from original location.

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

phlxydm1
Clear