XXGnomeHunterXX forgot to enter a thread title
Started by XXGnomeHunterXX
XXGnomeHunterXX Rep. 0
#1   15 Jul 2011
ok just created the account today, had some questions since i just dL'd quake 3 again...

i used to be big on this game way back in High School, back in the good ole skip class and have LAN parties in the library days, but havent played it since, just getting back into it and remembering how much fun it is

can someone help me though with this custom map stuff...
i downloaded a map ( ut4_halo-gulch_or2i.pk3 ) and i keep hearing about pk3's and map/file yada yada
i put the file into my baseq3 folder like i thought i was supposed to but it isnt popping up. i researched and some people said something about typing console commands (com_hunkMegs) or something of that nature...
im probably just having a brain fart but can someone please please pretty please just help me out with an idiots guide??

thanks _ Gnome

XXGnomeHunterXX Rep. 0
#2   15 Jul 2011
forgot to add a thread title lmao
Tig Rep. 1622
#3   15 Jul 2011
The map you mentioned is not one listed on ..::LvL. Do you have a download link for it (so I can read the readme file).

Also, you may want to check the 'How to play a map' section, located from the top right: Site -> F.A.Q. -> How to play a map.

XXGnomeHunterXX Rep. 0
#4   15 Jul 2011
yea i should have looked in the FAQ lol, now i feel like a tard

and no i didnt get the map from LvL it was posted on Strategy Informer
www.strategyinform.../map/32405.html
only downloaded it cause it was a bloodgulch remake and that sounded cool

KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2332
#5   16 Jul 2011
Man, I have been waiting a long time for a Blood Gulch remake. I had to admit I had a lot of fun playing that map in Halo CE multiplayer!

UPDATE: Okay, I've seen what it looks like. Problems: 1# missing textures for the trees & skybox2# no bot support.

The map needs a mapmedia file or something. I know it was meant for Urban Terror and that it wouldn't work for plain Q3, but WTF was with all the trees?! I know Bloodgulch didn't have those!!
Edited 19.27 minutes after the original posting.

themuffinator Rep. 1044
#6   16 Jul 2011
Never played the original but I just tried that map...

What sadistic son of a gun would make such an abomination and subject others to experiencing it? Man that map makes me lose faith in humanity.

KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2332
#7   02 Sep 2011
@TheMuffinMan: The original played great in Halo Combat Evolved MP. It was the best CTF map IMO. Lots of tanks rolling on the field early in the match.

Ahh...the memories ^_^

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

c_phobia
Clear