Site new code update?
Started by Matrix101
Matrix101 Rep. 0
#1   12 Nov 2018
Hi,
The new "site code", or layout presentation, seems odd (to me). Every action is more click-costly than before...
When clicking on "Screenshots"(or cliking "+", then "Screenshots"), I first used the "<" and ">" (lower left) for screenshots navigation, while it's in fact maps navigation. I though there was a bug, until I realized my mistake.
I'm not convinced it's a improvement in term of navigation & visualization, at least for the "maps part" (maybe it's fine for general top level menu sections, I'm not sure).
Maybe it's because I'm an old schmuck. But maybe a good part of people using this site are too? :D
Anyone else here agree? Or disagree? about this on-going change... :)
KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2362
#2   12 Nov 2018
I agree. I brought up the same concerns a few months ago lvlworld.com/threa...yout%20feedback.

Clicking on screenshots for maps has two arrows at the bottom-left that are a tad misleading. They cycle through maps, not screenshots. The actual button to do that is just below the screenshots. I think it was better when there were screenshot thumbnails below so you could just click the picture you wanted to see without going through every one.

It seems to me that Tig is experimenting with website features, but I personally prefer a practical layout.

My only question is: was this bport.ca/temp/lvlworld-voting.png the original layout or was there a layout design before this one?

Tig Rep. 1652
#3   12 Nov 2018
Thank you for the feedback.

All the layout changes have been in order to make a consistent design and navigation across all viewable mediums - well, as much as possible.

I will see what I can do about the screen shot navigation. You do know if you just "click" the screen shot, it will go to the next. The small buttons are only needed for people without Javascript enabled.

@KommissarReb (SW12) : For previous layouts, try: web.archive.org/we...ake.com:80/Lvl/ - be aware that some images are missing, but it will give you a good enough idea.

Edit: What size screen are people using? Just want to get an idea as maybe screen size is part of the issue.

Tig Rep. 1652
#4   14 Nov 2018
@Matrix101, @KommissarReb (SW12) - Significant changes have been made. Please report any issues.
KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2362
#5   15 Nov 2018
@Tig: The new screenshot interface is much better and more user friendly, thank you. Also my laptop monitor is 1920x1080p.
gooball Rep. 1091
#6   15 Nov 2018
Ah yes, the review page is much better now. I was starting to miss those links at the top of each map page. That pop-up menu button at the bottom was cool, but I think that really works better for mobile users. I'm glad there are both options now. Keep it up Tig!

P.S. My monitor is 1920x1080, and I've also browsed the website on my iPod touch. The website looks good and functions well on both devices as far as I can tell.

Edited 2.78 minutes after the original posting.

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

area15
Clear