SSL Only now for ..::LvL
Started by Tig
Tig Rep. 1662
#1   01 Apr 2017
Due to browsers complaining when sites are not using SSL, ..::LvL has simply shifted everything to SSL only.

Any old links will still work - they will simply redirect to the SSL version.

Not sure what SSL is? Technically I should have said TLS or Transport Layer Security but I'm old school and it stands for Secure Sockets Layer. Either way, here is the Wikipedia entry for you: en.wikipedia.org/w..._Layer_Security

Any problems, please report them.

CZghost Rep. 1681
#2   03 Apr 2017
Great man :) How much do you pay for certificate? I consider a donation, but unfortunately, I have now not enough money to pay something extra :( I have to actually find some decent job to gain some money. After school in summer holidays, of course :)

Edited 32 seconds after the original posting.

Tig Rep. 1662
#3   03 Apr 2017
SSL Certificates are free from Let's Encrypt - letsencrypt.org/ - which is a heavily sponsored project.
CZghost Rep. 1681
#4   04 Apr 2017
Well, that's good for you :) I'll save that in my bookmarks when I would need some SSL/TLS certificate further. I just don't know if that works for free hosting on Endora - endora.cz/ - maybe I should ask first.

I actually plan to move my sites to its own 2nd level domain (czghost.cz) and install dual language support for my sites (finally). With that move, I'd upgrade free hosting to paid for a small project and maybe add donation support (like you). But that's far away and I actually need to gain some money and get some well paid job first, to actually cover the expected bills for that upgrade. SSL certificate is supported on paid hosting variants (Plus and Mega), so maybe it's not neccessary to get one from the one you gave me. I actually want to secure login and logged in sessions on my WordPress (logged out session may remain unprotected, but I'll see if I'd rather secure whole sites, including FPT share and downloads links).

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

vpldm4
Clear