Domination mod for Q3
Started by EmeraldTiger
EmeraldTiger Rep. 2561
#1   27 Jun 2011
Does anyone still have a copy of it? Im interested in seeing what its like, being based off the UT gametype and all. I tried downloading it from somewhere but all I got was a blank screen and a console just repeating some error over and over again.

Thanks in advance.

KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2332
#2   28 Jun 2011
Where did you download the "Domination Mod" from?

I can't seem to locate the download.

EmeraldTiger Rep. 2561
#3   28 Jun 2011
www.gamefront.com/files/4514

It installs fine, but when you go to play it just shows a blank screen and pulling up the console brings many errors.

#4   28 Jun 2011
What happened was I loaded it up and all it showed was a black screen and when I pulled down console like you said, it showed errors.

From what I can tell, whoever made the mod or posted it needs to recognize that the mod has issues. I don't think these are ones you can just fix because your computer had an error. The mod obviously just doesn't work.

I had a similar error experience with Maldavria. Where I heard it was such a great mod, saw screenshots, and all I got was a bunch of missing textures, errors galore, and on top of all of that, crashed whenever I entered. So yeah.

Also feel free to discuss stuff about mods on my other discussion thread is there are any cool mods you want to talk about. I'm open to suggestions. I haven't seen a good SP mod in a while.

Tig Rep. 1622
#5   28 Jun 2011
Not tested, but try these files: www.gamers.org/pub...ake/domination/
EmeraldTiger Rep. 2561
#6   28 Jun 2011
Hmm... I tried the released before 1.2 (the one I tried earlier) but I continue to receive the same issues. It says something like "Registration: FreeType Font Not Available" or something along the lines, I`m not sure what it could mean.
Tig Rep. 1622
#7   28 Jun 2011
Do you have the exact error message? FreeType is Open Source or GNU software for rendering fonts. My guess is the developers implemented this software somehow ----- or ----- you are missing a font the developers used.

The full error message may help and this link has more on the FreeType project: www.freetype.org/

themuffinator Rep. 1044
#8   29 Jun 2011
Try running it through ioquake3 - that's got FreeType code implemented into the engine.

Man, makes me want to go back to coding that domination gametype I was doing. It's a pretty simple gametype so it can't be too complicated to finish coding.

#9   29 Jun 2011
@TheMuffinMan: You mean, you actually got the mod to work?

Man, makes me want to go back to coding that domination gametype I was doing.
EmeraldTiger Rep. 2561
#10   29 Jun 2011
I tried running with ioquake3, but I continue to receive the same errors.
themuffinator Rep. 1044
#11   29 Jun 2011
@SW12: Nah I haven't tried the mod if you're referring to the ones that Emerald and Tig are linking too.
themuffinator Rep. 1044
#12   06 Oct 2011
BTW I keep forgetting to tell you that I got this mod to work. You just have to use an older version of Q3 - 1.17 - which still requires the Q3A CD, unless you have a no-CD crack which should be perfectly ethical to use nowadays.
Tig Rep. 1622
#13   06 Oct 2011
The CD Key can be found on the CD Case (of the version that I have anyway). Sometimes the key is on the box (rare), sometimes on the manual, at the front or back.
themuffinator Rep. 1044
#14   07 Oct 2011
@FistMarine:
You do exactly what it says... you insert the Q3A CD.

I was referring to the CD check feature, not CD keys. Like I said though, there's a crack to bypass that irritating-as-hell CD check. Here it is: www.planetquake3.n...ak/q3tools.html . Considering that this game is quite old and Id Software themselves removed CD checking a long time ago, I don't see using this crack as being illegal etc., but Tig, if you don't want me linking to that crack then feel free to delete this post :)

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

reqdm4
Clear