How long it takes to publish reviews?
Started by CZghost
CZghost Rep. 1681
#1   21 Aug 2014
I submitted review few weeks ago recently (not sure it was about a week or two), it was accepted and map appears in review submitted section. However review is not still visible, I am asking, how long it takes before site/Tig will release reviews? It may depend on edits, but it couldn't take more than two weeks...
PaN61 Rep. 385
#2   21 Aug 2014
Usually reviews are published every 30 or so days (from the last review publishing date) when there are 5(?) reviews available to be published. Contributing to that time is producing short 'preview' videos (with careful selection of detail) in conjunction with the reviews themselves with editing and polishing etc. Also add the digital media of panoramic imagery and visual images along with that and you certainly got quite a fair bit of work to finish.

Real-life situations also call for less time to be spent on something like this so it's best to be patient and know that it they will be published sooner or later.

CZghost Rep. 1681
#3   21 Aug 2014
So you say that it takes about a month to publish reviews? Wow, I have wrong memory :)) I know it varies, time by time, quality by quality, assets by assets, size by size, etc. But that it takes a month or longer, that I might missaved in my memory :]
Tig Rep. 1662
#4   21 Aug 2014
Pretty much what PaN61 said.

No matter when the reviews come in, a group of reviews (3 to 5) will go up about 30 days after the previous update. So, in about 9 days time. This "30 days" is only a rough guide as well. You can check the top of the main page for a date of the last update.

BTW, I've only just started to do the artwork tonight (videos, screenshots, etc) for the up coming update.

MBT Rep. 263
#5   21 Aug 2014
Personally, I don't know the occupation of everybody here, but I raise my hat to everyone who spends his/her spare time for a project like this site, which is time consuming like hell. I honestly respect the ambitious work done here! If updates take a while, so be it.
=)
Just my thoughts^^

[edit] my mobile has no spellcheck :/

Edited 8 days after the original posting.

CZghost Rep. 1681
#6   22 Aug 2014
@MBT: Well, it is really time consuming, pretty like mapping, which can take days, weeks, months and sometimes also years to finish a map (Hipshot and AEon are great examples of people making one project over years) :)

BTW, I need to disable spellcheck in Internet Explorer 11, it is annoying as it automatically edits "misspells" to the right czech variants and I need to write English :D Tough I didn't find any option to disable spellcheck in that the hell fast, but a bit chunky browser :/

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

jof3ctf1
Clear