Large code update plus donations
Started by Tig
Tig Rep. 1662
#1   17 Aug 2014
Please report any issues as a lot of code was changed. It is very easy that I may have missed something.

A heap of back end code has been changed. Almost all of it has been for better support on small screens (phones).

Also a "donate" page has been added. Currently only PayPal is supported for donations. I looked at few options but they require certain things that are not ..::LvL, like being a registered charity for example. If you do wish to donate but don't like the idea of using PayPal, get in touch. I'm sure we can work something out.

Kyall Rep. 417
#2   18 Aug 2014
Hey Tig, I noticed on some map reviews that have links to other maps, that if you click on the link it sends you to the House Of The Rising Sun (2) map instead of the correct one. It was happening on the GON2 - Back to Navarone and gon3 reviews, but it could be on others as well.

And good to know that there is a donate page now :D I'm only 17 and don't have a bank account yet, but my parents were thinking of setting one up for me with PayPal support for online use, so as soon as I can I'll be sure to donate :)

Tig Rep. 1662
#3   18 Aug 2014
Thanks heaps Kyall! The errors with "gon3" are all fixed up now. If you do find any more errors, please let me know.

Thanks heaps for the show of support for donations too!

MBT Rep. 263
#4   19 Aug 2014
Hey there!
FINALLY DONATIONS!!
I wonder how you and Mand0g could keep this going for so long without donations =) Not to mention the time you've spend...
I hope people will spam you with money :D
PayPal works fine, btw.
I also follow your work on small screen solutions. I visited ..::LVL via smartphone a couple of times now and didn't face any problems so far. The little pop up menu (Sections...) is a good Idea imho.
Keep it up ;)

[edit]
Well the "Forum" doesn't appear on my phone...

Edited 1.1 hours after the original posting.

CZghost Rep. 1681
#5   19 Aug 2014
You have to browse menu, it's a shame since forum is also important one. Maybe include mobile-only link to forums in the fixed footer?
MBT Rep. 263
#6   19 Aug 2014
Ah, ok.
Browse Menu does it^^
My bad...
Tig Rep. 1662
#7   19 Aug 2014
I'll make the forum link more important so that it appears on smaller screens - if there is room that is.

Edit: Thanks heaps MBT!!

FragTastic Rep. 2343
#8   19 Aug 2014
Haven't been on for a while due to my internet being down for 2 weeks but yeah I was thinking to myself something seems to have changed as soon as I logged on to the website. I think it looks much better this way. Nice work Tig! :).

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

mvdm12
Clear