Hey guys, I'm back!
Started by FistMarine
CZghost Rep. 1681
#21   07 Sep 2014
Let it leave and rate only a percent of maps here :P It will get annoying for you if you want to rate all maps here as there are so much maps it will take really too long time. In best case about year, if I do not count newly reviewed maps. And if you compare the amount of maps here, it will take it about 50 times longer than with stable count of maps here. Do not revote all maps you have voted too low here, instead pick few maps you voted low each day randomly and revote these. We will promise your previous bad votes just as steal is promised after many years. It was just younger you, it's over now ;)
FistMarine Rep. 2510
#22   09 Sep 2014
You are right, I have taken many breaks (I only vote in weekends) and sometimes when I'm bored. I have reached page 230 and there is still a lot of work to do as I get bored fast. I think I am gonna stop to page 150 or 100 when school starts, it's just way too much work to do but I assume my risk to try to vote as much as possible before school starts.
CZghost Rep. 1681
#23   09 Sep 2014
Well, school already started here in Czech Republic, not sure when it starts for you, where are you from anyway? Your country probably has another school year dating...
KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2362
#24   10 Sep 2014
@CZghost: FistMarine stated in a post a few years ago that he's Romanian. Now I am not well informed on the school systems existing in Europe, so I will say this from an American perspective. If he's in high school (secondary education) then he probably begins on September 3rd. If he's in a College/University, it depends on his schedule. He also stated in a post he begins on the 15th this month.

With that aside, all I can say is, play and vote on maps you like. But since you can't un-vote on a map, I think you may want to rethink some votes when you have time. When you do, play the map first before making a judgement (stated in my previous 2 comments)

FistMarine Rep. 2510
#25   14 Sep 2014
That's right, my country usually starts on 15th but in previous years it even started on 11th earliest if that day was Monday. As for maps, I reached page 190. I will pretty much stop here. :)

Thank you guys for support! I will continue voting when I get free time, preferably in weekends and holidays. :)

FistMarine Rep. 2510
#26   22 Aug 2015
Hi guys! I apologize for not visiting site earlier, I actually finished a month and half ago with my exams and everything was fine since I passed them. I also signed up for college a month ago. But yeah problem is that I forgot to visit the site lately, maybe I should install Quake 3 Arena, Team Arena expansion and a couple of custom maps and mods. :)
CZghost Rep. 1681
#27   23 Aug 2015
@FistMarine: Go ahead and install Quake 3 Gold, EntityPlus and maybe CPMA :)
FistMarine Rep. 2510
#28   24 Aug 2015
Yes I will install Quake 3 Gold (that installs both Arena and Team Arena), EntityPlus and a ton of custom maps but I don't think I will install CPMA as I don't like that mod. I will install other mods instead. :P

Edited 44 seconds after the original posting.

KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2362
#29   24 Aug 2015
@FistMarine: Can't say that I blame you on your opinion of CPMA. That mod was not designed for anything but professionals like MLG to use for their tournaments and such. Because of that, It tends to be drained of any kind of fun factor IMO.
What kinds of mods do you like? I could give you some links to some that are really fun, if you're interested.
CZghost Rep. 1681
#30   24 Aug 2015
Then give Excessive Plus a try, it has Instagib, Vampire mod, FreezeTag and Clan Arena :) Classic known in Quake Live, too :)
FistMarine Rep. 2510
#31   30 Aug 2015
Sorry for late reply (I forgot to visit site again) but I like these mods: Catch the Chicken, EntityPlus, Generations Arena, Hunt Mod, Painkeep Arena, Superheroes Arena, etc. I like these mods because they mostly add a lot of stuff into game and change gameplay a bit, etc.

I remember excessive plus mod since years ago, though I didn't need to have it installed to play on servers, I remember playing on servers without it, just running plain unmodified Quake 3.

EDIT: But yeah I remember most of servers ran mods that changed how weapons worked, health and other stuff. Most of servers I played were with modified gameplay but there were some vanilla servers, too.

Edited 1.33 minutes after the original posting.

FistMarine Rep. 2510
#32   20 Sep 2016
Hey guys, just a little update time. I re-installed Quake 3 recently using my original Quake 3 Gold but this time I actually installed the game off the CD and then patched to 1.32 and it also installed the extra pk3 files (pak2.pk3 and pak3.pk3) for Team Arena! Before I used to install 1.32 Patch directly, then only copy the pak0.pk3 file from the CD directly into the baseq3 folder and then copy missionpack folder directly into the Quake 3 folder. Looks like I learned something new.

Anyway few days ago I tried out a few custom maps in Single Player mode using /spmap command. The problem is that after you complete 4 or so maps, the SP menu gets glitched and starts adding locked tiers and messes up stuff. This was a problem that also happened years ago when using mods that add new tiers to the game, so I thought that playing this way wouldn't mess up the game. From now on I decided to simply play from the Skirmish menu as there is no point in playing custom maps in SP mode at all, Skirmish does pretty much the same thing but also allows you to customize bots, set fraglimit, timelimit, play in TDM, 1V1 and CTF modes and so on. The problem was that I only wanted to have medals stored in SP menu from all these maps but it's okay, I can live without that.

For Team Arena, I remember making a SP patch years ago that allowed you to play original maps in SP menu that weren't found before in the SP menu, those maps being Distant Screams, Final Strike and Beyond Reality. Of course I also did a Threewave patch as well but ultimately I decided it was pointless, so I stopped making patches, as you can already play them from Skirmish menu (in this TA case, it's called Start Server). Sure it was nice to store all these stats in SP menu but I don't see the point anymore.

As for me, I am still fine and still fixing the votes from past. Next month I start the second year of college and once again I will be busy. I will still visit the site when I have free time, so don't worry. I should be able to finish with voting maps the next week, anyway.

Edited 5.27 minutes after the original posting.

FistMarine Rep. 2510
#33   23 Sep 2016
I have finished voting all the maps, including newer ones I never voted before. It took me years to fix all my votes but I'm glad I did anyway. I was much more generous this time with scores, though I still gave a few zeros to really bad maps.

Anyway there is something I don't understand. I know there are 2325 releases in total but then why my reputation is 2326 and I have 2327 votes in total? I don't understand why there is a difference of 1 point between each. Was there a map removed that I had voted on it in 2011 and now I can't vote anymore but it still remembers my vote? I am curious.

EDIT: I'm referring to maps that were removed and can't be found anymore, such as reviews 127 and 133. They can't be accessed and there are more that were reviewed but I haven't counted them.

Edited 4.23 minutes after the original posting.

Tig Rep. 1662
#34   24 Sep 2016
@FistMarine: That is because you voted for your own release Unofficial SP Patch for Threewave (ta_3wave), then asked for it to be removed.

Basically, you got +1 Rep. for your own release and +1 Rep. for all the other maps. Then -1 from the total releases when you asked for your own listing to be removed. Because of the rareness of removing a release, I just left the +1 Rep. for votes already cast on the removed listing.

For the record, there are currently 13 releases that have been removed from ..::LvL for one reason or another. That is why the "id" for the most recent map is 2338 but there are only 2325 releases available.

FistMarine Rep. 2510
#35   25 Sep 2016
Ah yes I completely forgot about my Unofficial SP Patch for Threewave. I had in mind to return the patch one day but I found that pointless as people can already play the maps from Skirmish menu (or in case of TA, from Start Server menu).

And yeah I did know about those 13 removed releases, that's why I mentioned the missing reviews 127 and 133.

I have a small request: can you modify my profile to remove the maps I downloaded from past? I don't want to have any downloaded maps on my profile and there doesn't seem to be a way to remove them.

Edited 1.5 minutes after the original posting.

Tig Rep. 1662
#36   25 Sep 2016
@FistMarine: You can now clear your own downloads. From your downloads listing there is a small Clear all link.

You will be required to confirm your request as this can not be undone.

FistMarine Rep. 2510
#37   26 Sep 2016
Thanks Tig!
Group 2 of 2

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

hobotourney1
Clear