Q3 to QL conversion, map do not appear in callvote list
Started by Vihar
Vihar Rep. 80
#1   18 Jul 2014
Hello, I've tried converting some Quake 3 maps to Quake Live successfully but I still miss something: the maps do not appear in the callvote maplist.

I'm aware of the .arena files but they do not always work this time...

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

CZghost Rep. 1681
#2   01 Aug 2014
You want to play your map in regular Quake Live? Custom maps added by users can be loaded in the game only using console, not the in-game graphics. For effort to make your map available in regular Quake Live and its GUI, you should send these maps to id Software as QL uses some system of maps verification. All pk3s contain a dummy file which may be used for map verification. If your pk3 has invalid or no dummy file, it will be discarded by the game to be displayed in list of arenas and let you to load the map only with console AND ONLY FOR TRAINING PURPOSES. That way your map won't be able to be played online unless it will be accepted by id Software. id Software will discard your map in followings: it causes some noticeable bugs (missing shaders/textures, missing sounds, etc.), you're not an author, the gameplay has poor quality, it causes lags, sender didn't include the source map file (important one), or they decide the map is not good for Quake Live. They will always download the map to test it, then they should let you know. However I do not know where to find a contact to send maps for to be included in QL, which I find somewhat unpractic, when you want to make/convert maps for Quake Live. They have contact form on QL websites, but there is no topic like "I'm sending you a map to be checked out for adding to Quake Live". I do not know how authors can send the devs their maps specially developed for QL.
Vihar Rep. 80
#3   02 Aug 2014
Thank you for the reply, this explains everything.
MBT Rep. 263
#4   19 Aug 2014
Maybe this site may help...
www.quakelive.com/...orumdisplay.php
The stickies may be of interest =)
There is a lot of information on how to build QL maps properly. I didn't went through the whole site, but after a swift skim it seems to me as if opening a thread there is the way to "submit" QL maps
CZghost Rep. 1681
#5   19 Aug 2014
I asked recently in the forums, you submit maps directly in the mapper's corner, SyncError then inspects the map's assets and the map itself. After about year you should be informed whenever it will be added in QL or not. In case it will, ID Software will always give you money, depending on how long it took to build, ranging from about 100 to 200 USD. Giving money is the must due to the reason of copyright artifacts. Be sure to include source map file to easy tweaks.

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

cpm11
Clear