New mod idea suggestions
KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2362
#1   14 Jan 2014
An idea for a Quake 3 mod, or a possible addition to EntityPlus would be to have a Single Player mission map with enemies that don't use the Quake 3 weapons for attacks.

The players have the standard weapons while the enemy monsters throw fireballs, green death bolts, use magic, etc. And instead of just taking a rocket and saying that's a fireball, make a custom texture like in the Imp model for Q3.

I know that the Quake 3 Community isn't really bustling like it used to a few years ago, but I would really like to see something like this.

leilei Rep. 413
#2   14 Jan 2014
I wanted something like this too. rfactory.org's single player tutorials are a good start. I wouldn't go near the The Dark Conjunction source though due to license conflicts.

Player physics are another thing to consider when doing a monster game since the players could have too much advantage and to match that, the monsters would also have to be really annoying to be balanced - like Kleer tier....

I'd also prefer monsters as single entities rather than recycling custom player models out there. It would also help for the entity limits in the cgame module that way allowing even more monsters to show on screen :)

Edited 4.87 minutes after the original posting.

KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2362
#3   23 Jan 2014
What about a mod where its more of a weapons mod with a DooM atmosphere? What I'm talking about now is having one side UAC marines armed with the Quake weapons vs Demons that instead of having weapons, can throw fireballs, green death bolts, shoot ball lightning etc. and have classes such as the marines with Team Fortress type classes where the demons get the Imp, Pinky, Hell Knight/Baron of Hell, Cacodemon etc..

I don't feel that I have the skills, nor the time to make such a mod like this. I was hoping perhaps those of you who do could try make this, as I have always wanted something like it.

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

bja1dm
Clear