Problems With Custom Map Not Showing Up!
Started by FragTastic
FragTastic Rep. 2343
#1   14 Jan 2014
So I load Quake 3 up and added some new custom maps which i had downloaded previously. Now I placed them in the ''baseq3'' folder as usual but for some weird reason, all the maps I had downloaded were not there or were not showing. Any help to allow the maps to show again so I can access them and to play my new custom maps?
fKd Rep. 390
#2   14 Jan 2014
The baseq3 can hit a max amount of custom maps and then stop showing new maps. You might have to move a few out for new additions to show up.
KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2362
#3   14 Jan 2014
Its either that, or those maps don't have .arena files which means you have to type in the filename of the map in console. This can be a pain when you eventually forget that a map is in your baseq3 because of that, yet they take up space.
leilei Rep. 413
#4   14 Jan 2014
Trying maps in UIEnhanced helps because it has a much higher limit for a maplist and you can make a mapcycle for them and just simply head to the next map through the ingame menu.
FragTastic Rep. 2343
#5   15 Jan 2014
I hardly have any custom maps in my baseq3 folder I simply deleted all the .pk3 custom map files in my inventory and then just downloaded a custom map for a test and yet it still doesn't come up. I'm confused!
Tig Rep. 1652
#6   15 Jan 2014
It is possible you have a script error or a downloaded pk3 with an error in it. Best to have a "clean" install and a single custom map and see what happens. BTW, if you are on Windows, there is a chance you have some Quake 3 files in weird locations, like in the "My Documents" folder. You need to check or remove these.

These notes are from memory, so I may be wrong. To make a clean install from your current one; make a new folder call "Q3A_Clean" and copy the quake3.exe file to it. Make a folder called "baseq3" and copy only the "pak*.pk3" files - nothing else! Start the copied quake3.exe, don't use a shortcut.

FragTastic Rep. 2343
#7   16 Jan 2014
Thanks Tig! I'll get it sorted :)

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

dm17gothic
Clear