lol
Started by Kyall
Kyall Rep. 417
#1   08 Aug 2013
I remember seeing a post somewhere before (I think by KommissarReb (SW12)) about a person who used to post frequently on this site by the name of lol and was wondering where he went. Well I don't know if this is the same guy, but I was playing Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy online a few days ago and noticed a player with the same name. I would have asked him about it but I didn't think of it until after I left the server.
KommissarReb (SW12) Rep. 2362
#2   08 Aug 2013
lol was posting on ..::LvL for a while up until sometime in 2011 which is where he pretty much stopped.

You could have asked the guy in JA about that. I think it's cool someone other than me here plays Jedi Academy, which is a game I really like. Did you make a demo?

leilei Rep. 413
#3   09 Aug 2013
More likely a coincidence than not. It's unlikely that it is the same "lol".

If someone registers on ..::LvL as "rainbow dash" you can't expect all those "rainbow dash" players you see online to be the same sad person. The internet is small, but not THAT small.

Edited 1.55 minutes after the original posting.

Kyall Rep. 417
#4   01 Jan 2014
Sorry for the late reply.

@KommissarReb (SW12): I haven't been on JA for a while now, but I've noticed that he would be on the most filled server. It is a pretty fun game though. I'm usually just messing about on the online servers so I don't make demos haha.
@leilei: Maybe not, but it could have been him. What are the chances that a person that plays Quake would also play JA? They are from around the same era, I know a lot of people that play both. And by the looks of it, KommissarReb does too.

#5   11 Aug 2014
@Kyall: I remember Tig saying;
From memory, 'lol' said something about going away for about a year in a post not long before most of the posts stopped.

I doubt that was the same person. Besides, one of his last posts said that from then on he would be using the profile name "Wolfenstein". (I have no idea why) It was posted here lvlworld.com/comme...Danse%20Macabre but Tig deleted his post since it was off-topic.

I don't really know of that many people who play Jedi Academy alongside Quake III, but I have seen people try to make remakes of Quake III maps for JA (Q3DM1 for example) jediknight3.filefr...make_Pack;50846 Both games use the same engine.

Sorry for this late reply. I know how people just love bumping a discussion that began exactly a year ago.

Kyall Rep. 417
#6   18 Aug 2014
@KommissarReb: You're probably right. I guess it was pretty much a pointless thread, I just wasn't sure whether you needed to get in contact with him or not, so if there was any chance it was him, I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Not just Jedi Academy, but Jedi Outcast too ;D I like to stick to many games from that era for nostalgic reasons. That sounds pretty interesting though, unfortunately I've been too sick for the last year to play much of anything or keep up to date with things, so it will probably be a while before I check that out.

And don't worry about it haha, to be honest I don't know why people get so upset about old threads being bumped anyway. With the "exactly a year ago" thing though, who are you referring to? :P

#7   21 Aug 2014
@Kyall: Well, I was asking a few years ago about his disappearance since I missed some of his posts I found amusing. Its no big deal though. But it was interesting to talk about.

Anyway I used to play Jedi Outcast during the summer of 2011, but during the summer of 2012 I bought Jedi Academy for $14.00 since I wanted to drive vehicles and fight rancors etc. I haven't played JO since then because I just like JA so much more. Although the single player story in JO was better in some respects. I thought it was cool that you aren't playing as Kyle Katarn and that he's now a Jedi Master, but Jaden Korr has the most cheesiest, god-awful lines I've heard to date. If Cranky Steve made reviews on dumb lines characters say, his would be put on a pedestal on Something Awful.

I'm just glad that this map pack still sort of works in JA. jediknight3.filefr...Pack_v20;101773 The highlight is obviously the SpongeBob map. As for the "exactly a year ago" thing you mentioned, I said that because the thread you made was posted just about an exact year prior to that post I made.

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

cellars
Clear